Thursday, August 17, 2023

A Good Nap Was Needed

 Yesterday was another warm day. There was a mix of sun and cloud and the high got to 23.5C (humidex 28C). This morning it is cloudy and 17C. We are to have mix of sun and cloud and a high of 26C (humidex 31C).

Lifestyle

When I looked at Facebook I saw there was a twister spotted the night before in the area where family lives. I was out the door to check on their place. The whole area was fine though I did walk around their property to make sure. I sure hope that the spout did not touch down in the area. Looking at it reminds we are coming into hurricane season. 

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen. I didn't get a lot done as I scrubbed cupboard doors. I got 8 doors done. I removed the handles and used a green degreaser on the both sides of the doors. Where the handles are I scrubbed until all the grime was gone. I soaked the handles and scrubbed them clean. I also moved some dishes around and wiped some shelves that needed doing. Handles were replaced. The wall where I want backsplash tiles put was also degreased and the counters washed really clean. I checked the doors later on and they feel so clean that it was worth the effort. With cleaning the cupboard doors, I will be at least another 3 to 4 days in the kitchen. 

The lawn mower company arrived and I talked to the owner. I paid him as I hate owning people money. We talked more about the hedge and under the deck. He will be doing it in mid to late September when it cools off. I pulled a carrot to show him how good they are and he took it with him to show his dad how carrots should grow. I did look at the vegetables and I need to find people to share the crop with. Everyone is away at the moment. 

The early girl tomatoes are starting to ripen and they look good. They are a perfect size for on hamburgers. 

The jalapeño peppers are growing rapidly. They were little nubs a few days ago and are looking like peppers. There will be a lot of them as they are full of little peppers. 

After lunch, I decided to have a rest as I was extremely tired. I woke up 2 hours later and felt better. The tiredness was a combination of not sleeping well, coming up to another first with the Spousal Unit, and the humidity. I did feel better when I got up even if it was 3 pm. I did worry about sleeping last night but I did sleep well. 

I went out into the garage to do garbage and once it was in the wagon to go to curb side, I piddled around with the little table. I sanded and primed the remaining pieces. I went back out after dinner to do a bit more and have one more day of priming before I can start painting. 

Sewing/Knitting

I did not do either yesterday. I did look at fabrics and YouTube videos that I follow. I was not paying attention to what the people were doing but to the fabrics used in the homes they visit and their home. I love this fabric the couple have as wall paper in their home and a pillow in a place they stayed at. It is William Morris Willow Bough in blue. 

I also love it in navy. 


I am thinking one piece will go in my bedroom and the other I can use in the dining area. I know it is good fabric as I handled the fabric in the quilt shop I was at on Tuesday. I am also pleased at how reasonable shipping is. Under $10.00. 

Today 

I have to go over and put out family's garbage can and then put it away later on. I want to clean more cupboard doors before lunch. This afternoon I would like to sew on the doll's hat, do the last of the priming. I hope I am not so tired I can't knit tonight. I would love to finish the leggings so I can start my vest. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment