Wednesday, August 02, 2023

I Found Ripe Tomatoes

 Yesterday was another lovely day with lots of sunshine and a high of 22.8C. This morning it is sunny (lots of dew) and 13C. The sun is to shine all day and we are to have a high of 24C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I stood at the door breathing in the fresh cool air. The deck was so wet with dew that I didn't go outside. But I enjoyed the coolness from the back door. I didn't turn on the a/c until late morning. 

I swept floors and washed the wood ones and then wiped the stairs. I also did a bit of cleaning in the kitchen. With so much cleaner and organized, it has become easy to keep it clean. I am down to needing to clean the closet where the washer and dryer are kept and my bedroom. I also need to get more cleaner for the floors. 

I was out to the garden for a bit in the late afternoon. I emptied the rain gauge and put the long cucumber vines back into their cages. When I checked the tomatoes, I had ripe ones on the vine. 


This is a grape tomato and it is huge. When I checked the other plants I saw more ripe ones and they are huge also. I need to pick them today. 

I was to the doctor for a follow up from seeing the dietician. It was a great visit with him being very pleased with my progress. We talked a bit about my low glucose readings. The 3.9 ones are to be monitored but the ones in the 4's mean I am hungry and need to eat. I am to continue on with what I am doing and keep loosing weight as planned. I am to make an appointment to see the dietician in January in which we will have another visit to talk about the results of that. I left in a great mood with continued focus on getting to my goal weight.  

I did buy myself dinner and my treat was watermelon. It was delicious. As I don't like sweets any more, I am trying different fruits and I will be buying more watermelon this summer. 

Sewing

I was down before lunch to do some cleaning in the sewing room. I did the area where I have the desk and table. I removed as much as I could, wiped the baseboards, dusted the furniture and washed the floor on my hands and knees. It was a bit dirty but more dusty. I am pleased with how that area looks. 


I did fold all the interfacing and got rid of the small scraps. I have lots of interfacing to make 3 to 4 gift bags. I have a 2 meter piece for the lining 2 bags and then will be cutting into the 5 meter piece. I will need to buy 2 meters of shirt interfacing for my shirt and the left over pieces will be used for gift bags. When all was said and done, I was able to close the interfacing drawer. I call that progress. I wiped the baseboards and floor over by the closet and moved the drawer unit over there. 

Before settling down to sew, I cut the cardinal fabric to make a cushion cover. I now need to find a black dot fabric for the border and back. piece. I have an invisible zipper to put into the back which led me to look at my zippers. I need to do a purge job as I have ones that I will never use. 

I also started sewing by making just over 3 meters of piping for daughter. It was to be on her bag but it just didn't go with the handles. Wrong colour and not enough contrast. 

I finally settled down to work on the first bag. I spent a lot of time making sure the side seams matched and got the one sewn. Once done, I boxed the bag which was a cumbersome job. Fusible fleece makes everything bulky. I succeeded and then pressed the bag good. Finally I attached the handles and it is now ready for the lining. 

It is really cute and I have a child in mind who will be receiving it. 

Knitting

I did knit on the doll's leggings. I am now doing the last rows of the legging before I change to smaller needles and do the ribbing. 

Thoughts

    I am so glad that I self referred to the Wellness Center way back in March. It was a long wait to get in but I learned quite a bit. The follow up visit with the doctor was great as we focused on what I am doing rather than my usual visit of meds. I get my blood done in December and then I will see him and the dietician again in January. 

    I need to get back outside and do a few things around the yard. I am going to have to plan a mid morning time for a few days. Most of what I need to do has to be done after the dew has dried up. 

    The neighbour spent a lot of time shovelling gravel back into his drainage ditch. He and his younger son got about 2/3rds of the job done. I am sure they will finish the job on his next days off. It will be nice to have the ditch filled so no one falls into it and gets hurt. 

Today

I am heading out to New Minas to do a few things. I need to go to both of the quilt shops, get some supplies and food and  try to be home by noon. I need to pick the tomatoes and check the beans. I want to sew the horse bag ready for lining this afternoon and try to do more knitting tonight. There will be very little cleaning today but I will do a bit before I leave. I also need to get the garbage ready to go out this afternoon. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment