Saturday, August 26, 2023

Sewing Cushion Covers

 Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of 22.1C. This morning it is windy, cloudy, and 18C. The rain is coming and we will have some heavy rains during the day. The high is to get to 19C. 

Lifestyle

I did head out to Bedford later than expected. My friend sang out hello as they came home from their walk and her dog wanted to come and see me. When they didn't come my way, she laid on the ground and refused to walk. I walked down to pet her and walk her home which made her happy. 

My shopping trip was quick and I got what I needed. The extra curtain for my bedroom and some tiny buttons for the doll's jean jacket at my first stop. My second stop was flowers for the guest room. 

I need to cut down the stems and start arranging them. I also may have to get a couple more stems. I also got wooden buttons for the doll's knit out and zippers. I thought I had 2 white ones and got one white and one navy. I'll do an exchange on Monday when I'm in New Minas. 

My last stop was at the dollar store where I got an artist canvas. I draped the fabric on it at home and I'm not sure if I like it horizontal in the spare bedroom. If I don't like it, I will use it in my bedroom or the sewing room. Ideas are forming. 

I have cut out tomatoes and potatoes as they are nightshades and can cause arthritis to become inflamed. So far it seems to be helping as I have less inflammation in my knee and hip. We wait and see on that. Those food have also irritated my IBS something I've known but tend to ignore as I love them. Now they will be my "special treats". 

My sprained toe is feeling better this morning. I did rest it more during the day and noticed it was only sore in one spot last night. The chickens are gone so I won't have to chase them any more. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room sewing the first pillow cover together. The 4 squares look like lights or eyes in the picture but they aren't so light in real life. 

The second pillow is cut out and ready to sew. The back of the pillows will be the light fabric. The binding will be the blue and what is left over will become items for the bedside table and the table the flowers are on. I want to use up every piece of the fabric in that room. 

I am thinking of making a wall hanging for the room using an embroidered design. This one is on the list at the moment as I can use the colours in the room for it. 

I plan on doing a stitch out on white fabric to see if I like it with the fabrics. 

A couple more rows and I will be putting the sleeves on waste yarn and joining to finish the bodice. 

I like both colours. I may have to make myself 2 vests. 
Today

Looking at the embroidery files I have, I will need to be doing more embroidery as I found some files I bought and love. I have a couple of ideas forming in my head after looking at the designs I have.  

Knitting

I worked on the doll's dress last night and have the front yoke design done. 

I looked at yarn for my vest yesterday and now have a decision to make. 

Thoughts

    I have slid a bit on my diet and gained a pound. After today I am back at it strict as I want to loose this weight. I know some of the snacking (healthy foods) has been boredom eating. I've been alone too much lately and need to start going back to the quilt shop every other week. 

    I am struggling a bit with the colours in the spared bedroom. Is it not enough of the print or the colour of the duvet cover. It looks better in real life but not the what I had wanted. I will get the white duvet cover for my bed and try it in there first. I don't want to change the curtains as I do like them a lot. I will if I have to and do the light grey like in my bedroom. I need to have the heavy curtains they keep out the sun in the summer and the cold in the winter. 

    I need to focus on Christmas items and get them either bought or made. I have been more lax this year for some unknown reason. I need to focus on ideas for Christmas gifts or I will be rushing around at the last minute. 

This morning I have to do housework as I have either been away or outside. This afternoon I will be out for birthday cake so sewing may not happen. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment