Sunday, August 27, 2023

Out To A Party

 Yesterday was a wet with almost an inch of rain falling. The wind was gusty. The high got to 20.9C (humidex 27C). This morning it is cloudy and 17C. We are to have a mix of clouds and sun with a high of 23C (humidex 28C).

Lifestyle

I spent the morning cleaning up the kitchen. Though not dirty, it was a bit of a mess from cooking. I got everything done including sweeping and mopping the floors. It felt good to have the kitchen cleaned up. 

The day was dark and dismal and I really just wanted to nap. I did rest some but kept busy folding laundry and doing another load. My energy came and went all day. 

I was to my neighbours to celebrate (early) her 70th birthday. There was a total of 10 of us in her small basement suite. We visited, laughed, and had a great time. I had a small piece of birthday cake and it was sickly sweet (to me). I had to have a glass of water when done to try and get rid of the taste from my mouth. I won't be having cake any time soon as it isn't my favourite food anymore. 

My weight was up yesterday morning and back down this morning. A bit of fluid retention and eating snacks at night. I made sure I didn't eat anything after dinner last night as I want to hit my 50 lb loss mark. I am .2 lb from it. 

Friends got home from Japan during the night. I am sure they are in a time change funk with the 12 hour time difference and then being on a plane for 12 hours. Family will be home in a few days and will be feeling the same way. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I was out. I will get back to it today. 

I met 2 of the ladies who are in the quilter's guild I gave fabric to and they were so grateful for the fabric. We chatted about our stashes and had a few good chuckles. 

I watched this video on how to take a panel of different sized blocks and sew them onto other blocks to have them all the same size. I have an idea rolling around in my head to use a pillow panel for a wall hanging if I can find the right background fabric for it. I am going to do a trail run on some scraps I have in the mean time. 

Knitting

I did knit last night and the sleeves are now on waste yarn and the body has been joined to be one piece. I few rows and then I start the pattern on the skirt. There is still going to be a lot of the yarn left so I need to think of more items to knit for the dolls. 

Today

The goal is to tidy up the dining area, and hall. I want to work on the second cushion cover front and knit tonight. I have to check on family's home today so will get out for a few minutes. A quiet day for me. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment