Friday, August 11, 2023

One Busy Day

 Yesterday was another lovely day with a high of 23.9C (humidex 28C). This morning it is cloudy and 15C. We are to have rain (heavy at times) and a high of 21C (humidex 28C). The rain is to be over by late this afternoon.

Lifestyle

I started the morning off making a large pot of spaghetti sauce and cooking it in the oven for just over an hour. It was divided into 6 servings; one for dinner and 5 for the freezer. I was able to get that done as the car appointment was changed to 1:30 pm. 

I also did a load of laundry and it is ready to fold. The litter mess was cleaned up and the floor swept and washed only for Elliott to go in and scatter more dry litter on the floor. He isn't the only cat who does this. 

The car was checked out and it was what I had suspected. The gas cap looses its seal due to pinholes in the metal part down from the cap. It has to be replaced. This had nothing to do with me not putting the gas cap on properly. 

After I got home, I picked beans and a few tomatoes. The beans are late this year and I will probably get one more picking from them. They haven't produced like previous years and I think that is from the wet weather we have had.

Last evening family was over to get the big bbq, all its accessories, and 5 deck chairs as they are hosting a bbq tonight. The deck looks empty now that the bbq is gone. 

I am planning on getting a bbq table from Ikea for the table top bbq to sit on. I may go in this coming week and get it. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as I had no time. I did spent about 20 minutes in the sewing room looking and thinking (no phone to take pictures).

The shelf of cottons has been greatly reduced. I can see getting what is left sewn up in a timely fashion. What is on the cutting table may be dealt with today and tomorrow as it is cottons I need to make decisions on. Then I can start cleaning and sewing Monday. 

The garment fabric needs to be handled so I can make a plan for sewing it. I also need to deal with what is on top of the shelving unit. 

I feel like I have stalled in cleaning up of the room. But, I haven't. I have had to be outside doing yard work and then I've had to deal with the car and other real life jobs. All those came at once which cut into my time in the sewing room..

Knitting

Too busy last night and when I sat down, I was tired. 

Thoughts

    I have been slowly working my way through the firsts since the Spousal Unit passed away. I am starting to react to when we had to put him into the hospital on August 22. I am feeling tense and tired with this one. It was the hardest decision I have ever had to make. I also felt guilty as we could no longer take care of him. The rush of memories of this has started to emerge when I sit down and try to relax.

    I have been trying to counter this feeling of sadness by thinking about my firsts. I have had a fairly good garden this year. It has been a lot of work doing what the Spousal Unit taught me. I have also kept up the yard to the best of my ability. I have made a pond for the deck which I love. I have the shed cleaned up thanks to the help from grandson and a boy who lives across the street from me. I have pruned the Spousal Unit's rose bush. I have weeded the dreaded hedge and am working on it again. I weeded under the deck and sprayed the ditch. Most of what I did (less the hand weeding) I had never done. It was the Spousal Unit's job which he loved to do. I am proud of my firsts so far. 

    I have not lost weight this week. I have hit a plateau. I was hungry but that seemed to disappear yesterday. I ate more and felt much better. I have been struggling have less protein at dinner. I upped the protein and carbs for dinner last night and felt good. But, I can't do that every day. 

Today

I have to take grandson to get groceries and propane this morning. This afternoon I will be helping with the bbq and tonight I am watching grandson play soccer. I may get an hour to play in the sewing room which will be a bonus. 

Until the next time...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment