Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Doll's Outfit Is Cut Out

 Yesterday was humid and warm. The high got to 23.8C (humidex 29C). The sun shone most of the day. This morning it is clear and 16C. We are to have a mix of cloud and sun with a high of 24C (humidex 31C).

Lifestyle

It was humid enough that when I went outside, it hit me like a ton of bricks. It left me exhausted and I was already tired. It was a day of struggling; trying to clean house and not sleep. The humidity is sucking the energy out of me once again.

I started out the morning tidying up the spare room and mopping the floor. I dry mopped my bedroom floor. It was then on to cleaning the bathroom and mopping that floor and the hall. I was done in good time and had a rest hoping to feel better. I didn't sleep and I didn't feel better. 

I headed out the door to look at the garden. I picked grape tomatoes, beans, lettuce, and a cucumber. The early girl tomatoes are starting to turn orange. The cucumber plants have exploded and I need to find people to eat them in the next week. The garden is producing like crazy. I will be pulling the lettuce soon as it is almost done. 

I was out mid afternoon to get my prescriptions and do some grocery shopping. It ended up being fun -- the cashier was having problems with her till. It ended up not printing my receipt so she had to get help. The till had to be rebooted and while we waited everyone visited. I got my receipt and left in a fairly good mood. 

I did my exercises once yesterday and they did help. I need to start doing them twice a day again. I am able to stand on one leg longer now which is wonderful. I am working hard on that one. I ate well though I was tired and hungry. 

Sewing

I spent the time in the sewing room cutting out the top, outer hat, and purse for the doll's outfit. A lot of pieces to be cut out. The picture is of all the pieces I need to sew. 

I need to find something for a handle for the purse and will start on it. I may put silver rick rack on the front of the purse to add a bit of decoration. It will be the blue fabric on the outside. Then I will work on the sleeves as the little pleats are going to take some time to sew. Probably will do the hat after the sleeves are done. Just random thoughts. 

I did admire Elliott's quilt before putting it away. I didn't look at the batting as I was focused on the doll's outfit. I will have to check that out before I start sewing any more on his quilt. 

I did a check under the cutting table and don't have much to go through. I do need to wipe the under side of the table well, sweep the floor and wash it. Maybe today. 

Knitting

None done last night as I struggled to stay awake.

Today

I am heading out to New Minas to get the red fabric for Elliott's quilt and to get a few things I need. I may stop at the other quilt shop on the way home to get buttons. This afternoon I want to try and clean under the cutting table and do a bit of sewing. If I'm not worn out by the humidity I would like to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment