Sunday, August 20, 2023

An Afternoon Away

 Yesterday was a lovely day that had sunshine and a wonderful breeze to help move the moist humid mass out of the province. The high got to 25.4C (humidex 30). This morning it is cloudy and 17C. We are to have a mix of sun, clouds, and showers with a high of 23C (humidex 28C).

Lifestyle

The first thing on the agenda was to empty the dehumidifier and put both of the heat pumps on dehumidify. The humidity stays at 50% better when I run everything on dehumidify. As the day went on, I switched the heat pumps back to a/c and then turned them off. The house felt cool and dry.

The kitchen cupboards are cleaned. It was a lot of work to get them degreased and clean. The insides of most cupboards were wiped and a few things rearranged. I also pulled out the stove and scrubbed the sides of the cupboards and stove plus cleaned the floor under the stove. I did scrub the counter tops and tidied things up. Next up is the appliances which need to be cleaned and shined up. Then onto the floor. It needs a good cleaning also. 

I was tired when I got done and I rested. My body was sore from the cleaning plus I did my exercises. I had fluids during the morning but had another glass of water when I sat down. I had a short rest before lunch.

After lunch, I headed out. I checked on family's house and had to deal with one of their dehumidifiers. I will check on the other one today. It was running but it said 38%. I will reset it today. 

I headed out for a drive as I needed to get away. I took the 101 to exit 3 and then turned on to the old highway. I found where I will have my appointment in September and then went on to Sackville. I spent some time in the Dollar store snooping around and got a few things I needed plus a stocking stuffer for one of the dogs. I went to Sobeys and got myself something for dinner. A poor selection compared to the store here which caters to commuters. I came home after that. 

Once home, I went out to empty the rain gauge. We had over 1.75" of rain the other day. I had to get the small bucket and pick tomatoes and cucumbers. Those I gave to the next door neighbours as I have lots in the fridge. I need to pull the lettuce today as it has finally bolted. The garden is growing rapidly and producing way more than I had expected. 

I did not knit or sew yesterday as I took the day off. This is how I want it to be as I start fresh. 

Today

I have the balance sheet to do and then I will clean the appliances. If time, I will wash the floor. Once the dew is gone I will pull the lettuce and check the peppers. I am sure they are getting huge. If there is time, I'd like to work on the table as I want the last coat of primer on it so I can paint it. I want to sew this afternoon and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment