Thursday, August 03, 2023

Sewing And Purging

Yesterday was another lovely sunny day. There was wind which help keep everything cool. The high got to 22.9C. This morning it is 11C and sunny. There is lots of dew everywhere. Today is to be sunny with a high of 25C. 

Lifestyle

When I went out to go to New Minas, the car had the check engine light on. My first stop was the dealer to have it looked at. The supervisor of the service department had a technician take the computer out and it needs a smoke test. I had that done late May/early June. All the necessary info was printed and the car goes in next Thursday to be checked. The last time I was up, the technician did not do the computer test prior to reseating the gas cap. 

I did some shopping getting what I needed and a few stocking stuffers. I am slowly starting to look for things. I still need to get a few groceries I couldn't find in New Minas. 

I was out in the garden to pick the ripe tomatoes. Two are ready and several more need to be on the window ledge. I picked enough beans for dinner.

I looked at the peppers and there is one bell pepper that is bigger than the rest. The jalapeƱo peppers are starting to bloom.

There are even baby cucumbers on the cucumber plants. 

The lawn was mowed while I was out and it looks great. Weed control needs to be done now that the lawn is mowed.

I had roast beef dinner at family's last night and got the easy job of sitting in a chair and supervising while they put wood into the wood shed. It would have been too congested if I had helped but it was fun talking to them while they worked. 

Sewing

I bought some fabric while in New Minas. I got the fabric for the piping on daughter's bag and her western shirts, black for the sheep and the cushion cover, and a beige for the cushion cover. 

I took the quilt up and got the batting for it. It is now in line for long arm quilting. It should be done mid September which is perfect.

I did sew in the afternoon and got the horse bag ready for lining. 

I got out the tubs of miscellaneous interfacing scraps and found 2 meters of interfacing I will use on bags. I ditched some other interfacing that I didn't like. The remaining interfacing was folded, bagged and put into the interfacing drawer. It is the doll's interfacing. What was interesting was I found linen and broadcloth in the interfacing tubs. I must have put it in there after making undergarments for the dolls. I need to bag them for when I make more undergarments. 

I got out a tub of trims that consisted mainly of zippers, rick rack, and other junk. I did a huge sort and this is a picture of what goes to the thrift shop. 

I put 3 long zippers in daughter's pile and kept the short invisible zippers for the dolls. I kept what I wanted of the trims and tossed the worst and put the rest into the thrift tub. All the velcro is gone. I don't use it anymore. I am going to say it was an unemotional purge as I was disgusted with what I had hoarded, forgotten about, and bought more of. I just need to buy what I need when I need it. 

Knitting

I did get to row 60 knit last night and the leggings put on the doll. They fit perfectly. I'm ready to start the next part. I'm making progress.

Thoughts

    The a/c is fixed in the quilt shop's classroom so I hope to be prepared to sew on Aug. 14. I want to do the cardinal cushion cover and a table runner. I may need one more project to prep for that day. 

    I am very happy with how I am working through the sewing room. I set a goal for each day and try to complete it. My next purge is buttons and batting. The next area to clean is the ironing area. I also want to have the bottom shelf of the stash empty of everything so I can put the next three projects I want to sew on it. 

    I was watching a video on furniture restoration and when I looked up the the info on the products used, I found out the lady lives 11 km from me. I knew she lived in Nova Scotia but I thought closer to the Halifax area. Watching her makes me want to get back to the little table in the garage. I have been so busy that I've neglected it. Soon I hope. 

    While putting the black sheep fabric away, I pulled out the horse and winter blue fabric. It is perfect together.

I need a fat quarter and binding for this and I will have another quilt top to make. This one will be for daughter.

Today

I need to get a load of laundry on shortly so it is done before I head out to the hospital. I see the physiotherapist for some strengthening exercises. I will stop for a few grocery items on the way home. After lunch, I will spray some weeds around the house and under the deck. Sewing will be daughter's bag. Purging is the buttons and cleaning off the bottom shelf that holds the stash. I need to launder the piping fabric so I can make it tomorrow. Tonight I plan on knitting if I am not too tired. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment