Monday, August 28, 2023

Over Thinking A Project

 Yesterday was another lovely sunny day with a high of 21.3C (humidex 26C). This morning it is clear and 12C. The fog has just started to roll in. We are to have sunshine and 23C (humidex 28C). 

Lifestyle

I had the balance sheet to do yesterday and what a show that was. I ended up printing a new bank statement and starting over again. Every entry was broke down and added up to make sure it was correct. I finally found the mistake and was able to finish the job at noon. My morning was gone, my brain was tired, and I was hungry. 

After a quick lunch, I picked tomatoes and cucumbers. I took some across the street to friends and the rest went to family's house so they can have them when they get home. I kept cucumbers for several meals. I still have a bunch of tomatoes to pick tomorrow and am watching several more cucumbers as they are getting close to being ready. I need to check peppers also to see if they are maturing to change colour. The jalapeños are still growing and will for another 3 weeks. 

Family is on the plane and in the air on their way home. They will arrive home after midnight and be at their house around 3 a.m. I am looking forward to finding out about their trip and what they did and ate. 

I lost .6 lb this week and have lost 49.8 lbs. I did not get to 50 lbs as I had hoped. But really close. I have been having less pain in my knee and hip so am wondering if that area is healing. I will find out more in 10 days. I keep moving and resting in hopes that it will continue to improve.

Sewing

I had some time in the sewing room and finished the 2nd cushion cover front. I can now do the backs which will have zippers in them.

My next job was to bind the runner for the dresser. It was done quickly and is ready to have the binding hand sewn in place. 

And lastly I played with the embroidery design for the wall hanging. The design was copied and then I played with the two designs to get what I wanted. 

I had out all the embroidery thread and played with the colours. I have them chosen after quite a bit of playing. 

Now to choose a background colour. Will it be the light minty green I have or will I have to break down and buy a pale blue fat quarter. A decision has to be made which means a trip to the quilt store. 

I still have .5 meter of the print but haven't cut it into table toppers yet. I know I want a 1" border of the print on the wall hanging and the sides need to be cut the length of the fabric. Once that is done, I will cut the table toppers. And finish the cushion covers. I need to see if I will have enough of the blue fabric to put binding on the pillows to finish them up. 

While I think, I may have to clean the book case/yarn stash area of the room. My mind needs a break from over thinking the spare bedroom project. 

Knitting

I knit on the dress last night and have started on the skirt. 

The first row of the skirt is an increase row and I made a mistake which I found very quickly. I fixed it and knit a couple more rows. 

I look at how much yarn I have left from daughter's vest and I will be knitting doll clothes for quite a while. At least I have lots of nice patterns to knit and the time to work on them. 

I am still waffling about which colour to knit for my vest. Maybe it will come to me when I start sewing my shirt. 

Thoughts

    It seems as if Hurricane Franklin won't hit Nova Scotia but we will have heavy rains Wednesday to Friday. There will be heavy surf conditions also. 

    I am hoping that I can start working outside more now the weather has cooled off. I need to tackle the hedge so it can be landscaped this fall. I know I can do it if I take my time and set a goal of doing 5 to 6 shrubs a day. I want to get this area and under the deck done this fall so I can budget for next year's project.

Today

I have to be in New Minas to have the car repaired. Then I have to shop for groceries for myself and family. I need to put away the small items and lay the chairs flat on the deck. If I have time, I will sew. I want to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment