Monday, January 23, 2023

Time In The Sewing Room

 Yesterday we had sunshine and a high of 0.9C. There was very little wind which made it nice when outside. This morning it is 1C and we are under a rainfall warning. 

Lifestyle

With my body aching, I decided to try a few exercises on the bed. They helped a lot. My abdomen muscles are sore from being on the little ladder but the other aches have basically gone. My knees are stiff but not sore. Hopefully physio this morning will help all of those aches and pains. 

Daughter-in-law and I brought a floor lamp to the house and it is working out nicely. The living room area is brighter with it on. I can see my knitting so it is a win-win. 

I delivered the cookbooks to our friend and here's hoping he has fun using them when he smokes. He and son can discuss recipes as they now both have the same books. 

I used my cane when out yesterday as there is still some ice around. I am walking better which I am happy about. I do worry about slipping on the ice which is not new for me. There is a bit of ice on the front landing which will disappear today. The driveway is bare and I can walk safely on it. 

Sewing

I spent the morning in the sewing room. My first job was to make piping for daughter and it turned out gorgeous. It is black with a copper foil print on it. 


Next on the list was to attach and try out the new embroidery foot on the Diamond. I got it on but it wouldn't lower down to embroider. I then found a quick video on installing it and the lady told us to look in the computer panel and click on the Q foot. I did a sample stitch out (The Grinch) and it stitched quite out nicely. No issues at all. 

I pulled out the fabric for the Kitchen Aid cover. Not enough of the outer fabric for it so it is on hold until I get to the quilt shop to buy more. Annoying as I thought I had enough. I seem to have enough lining which I will cut out and interface. I may even cross hatch it. 

Lastly, I took my grungy embroidery hoops up and soaked them in the kitchen sink with Dawn dish soap. An hour later, I scrubbed them and they are quite clean. Not perfect. At least the majority of the basting spray is off them. 

I visited my neighbour to see if we can do the eyes and nose on the horse this afternoon. We are going to if I'm not too tired from physio. The first thing I noticed was she had started her fox wall hanging. It is going to be spectacular. She has the eyes and one ear done. After drooling over it, we watched a YouTube video on how a person used bias chenille strips on quilts and clothing. Interesting but not my cup of tea. 

Knitting

I worked on the socks last night and got them finished. They took 153 grams of yarn and there is 120 grams left. Not enough for another pair of socks. 

I am tucking them away in the Christmas box for daughter as I think she will need them next year. 

I now need to figure out a project to start this evening. 

Today

I have to take grandson to school this week. I am out for physio this morning and then I hope to work on the horse wall hanging. I need to find a pattern to knit and get that organized so I can start tonight. I also need to do my exercises in the evening. I'm working on core muscles and balance. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment