Sunday, January 01, 2023

2023 Goals

 

Here is hoping you have a wonderful 2023. 

A side note - we ended 2022 breaking a record high that was set in 2020. The high got to 12.9C yesterday. December had a few snow flurries which didn't hang around for more than a few hours. In reality it was a green December.

Goals to Meet In 2023

I don't do resolutions as I never meet them. I usually set goals to work on during the year. Some I get done, some I don't. Here are the ones I would like to work on this year. 

    Eat less processed food and more home cooked meals. I can freeze meals or cook fresh rather than go out and buy something fast. With this comes portion control and the hope to loose weight. I am slowly getting over not wanting to cook for myself only so this is on the list for 2023. 

    Move more - walk, garden, shovel snow. What ever it takes to be more active. Have physio to meet those goals. I'm improving but need to work on moving more. 

    Work on "Less Is More" in the house. That means purging on a regular basis and getting it out of the house rather than into the storage room. It means buying what I need and not what I want. I did that in 2022 and I now need to think before I do any thing. I want a more minimalistic look in this house as I function better and feel calmer. 

     Declutter the sewing room. This is not an easy task and it takes a long time. I think my goal is to have it looking neat and tidy while I sew down all the fabric, trims, and notions I have stored in that room. My goal is to sew 50 meters of fabric this year. It doesn't mean I won't be buying fabric. I will be as I need pieces to make some of the items on my to-do list. What I don't want to do is buy fabric and store it for years. The goal is to have the shelving unit looking more bare by the end of 2023.

    Knitting up the yarn I have. I have been working on that for a while and want to continue doing it over this year. I have knit a lot of yarn but there is still a lot more in the stash to use up. 

    Declutter the storage room. It has things in it that need to be taken to the thrift shop, sold, organized, and used up. I am going to have to work on it as I have a small plan in place. I want to store tubs in that room (mine and a friends) so I am not crawling under the stairs. 

    Under the stairs needs to be purged. It is a hodge podge of tubs and items that I use to decorate outside. Suitcases, paint, and what ever else I didn't want to look at resides in that area. I need to work on clearing it out, organizing it, and have it so I can access what I need easily. 

    The garage and shed are another area to focus on. It is happening slowly and won't be done until it warms up. The smoker left on Dec. 30 to the person the Spousal Unit said it was to go to. The next bit of cleaning will be a corner of the garage where I have some items of mine stored. I have a feeling a lot of it will be trashed. After that, it will be a group effort to get it cleaned out. The "Less is More" will be applied to these two areas.

Will everything be completed? No. What I want to see is that all goals show I've worked on them by the end of 2023. 

Here is to a busy 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment