Friday, January 06, 2023

No Decluttering Yesterday

 Yesterday was cool with a high of -1.5C. We waited for the snow to come and it didn't. We had freezing rain during the night and it is -1C. The high is to get to 1C and they are forecasting snow tonight. 

Lifestyle

It was cooking day yesterday. I started off cooking chicken breasts for chicken pot pies and a stir fry for dinner. I got them done and all the ingredients out and then took son to physio. A break from the cooking.

While son was at physio, I got the chicken pies made to the pasty tops. I covered them and returned son home. After that I finished the pies and baked them. 

The second item to make was apple crumble with pastry tops. I diced the apples small, mixed with a small amount of sugar and spices. These I put into ramekins and baked. In the end, I had to cover them with foil to get the apples soft. They are in the freezer also. I ended my cooking spree with 3 meals in the freezer. 

I was tired from my knee and hip acting up from the weather plus cooking and keeping the kitchen cleaned up. I sat on the couch and had a nap. I woke up to my neighbour texting me to go for tea at her house. It was almost 3 pm. I also realized that I am still recovering from blood work as my arm has bruising where they jabbed me. It is sore and itchy. 

Sewing

I was down to the sewing room to unpack the Cricut before going over to have tea. I was surprised to see that I have extra mats. That is okay as I will put the duplicates away. There is a nice starting supply of items to play with when I get it set up. 

The bride's dress can be found here. Though I am giving it away, the pictures bring back memories of sewing it at the kitchen table with a small ironing board on a cubby behind the couch. The basement was being restored from flooding. It helped fill the hours where I could do nothing in the house except cook, do laundry, and a tiny bit of housework. 

I didn't sew or clean yesterday. The doll's space is still waiting for me and can be done another day. 

Today's job is archives. Things you keep just in case or they hold memories for you. I have my favourite items out that I love and won't part with. Some are old, some are gifts that I love, and some have wonderful memories behind them. None are leaving as I have the real estate for them in the room. They reside on top of a desk, the yarn cubby and on a shelf in the book case. Other items I have archived, I still look at and want to make. One is a pattern for an afghan. The other is a binder of embroidery designs I stitched out and still love to look at. 

The doll area is an archive, especially the clothes I have made. I did a cull last year and gave away quite a bit, tossed some, and organized it all. This year, it will be the same. I do not need all the clothes I made. I was going to hang them up in the closet but I think I will transfer some of them to a tub. I would love to have a small wardrobe for each doll when I choose to give them away. What I don't want, I will either give to the little girl I sew for or toss. I have a wicker basket that I will put her items into and box them up when I have enough to deliver to her via the hair dresser. 

Knitting

I found the needles I was looking for and brought up more yarn to knit. I didn't touch it last night as I didn't feel like dealing with anything. Too tired and sore. 

Today 

I am going to make Shepard's pie for the freezer and then cook 2 pork chops in the Instant Pot so I can shred them and put into the freezer. I will see what I can do once the cooking is done. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment