Wednesday, January 11, 2023

An Aha Moment

 The weather has been topsy turvey. We had a bit of snow and then cold and next is rain. The high yesterday was 0.3C and we had snow flurries and sunshine. This morning it is -8C and we could see sunshine later this morning. The high is to get to -3C. 

Lifestyle

I had a busy two days. On Monday I was out early to physio where I did my exercises, had stretches, and electric current. When I got home, I shovelled the driveway and sprinkled salt on it. I wanted it clear of the bit of snow as there was freezing drizzle in the forecast. I had no problems with shovelling; it actually felt good. I rested when inside and then did some cleaning. Later I went to visit my friend. 

Yesterday I was out and about all day. I took grandson to school, then to the doctors, then took son to and from physio. After lunch I went shopping at the butchers and got a few groceries. I was out at 5 pm to bring grandson home from school. It felt great to be busy. 

My visit to the doctor's was good. My A1C is a bit high but I'm working on that. My kidney function is low but stable. I'm trying to loose weight to help that. Everything else was good. I go back in 3 months to see him. 

My hip and knee are less painful after this last physio session. I wonder if I am at a new level of improvement. I certainly hope so. I will continue to do the exercises and try to keep moving more each day. 

Sewing

I worked on finishing up the doll's area on Monday. I moved the cube out and cleaned behind it. Everything was wiped down and returned except for Anna who is waiting for me to finish knitting her coat. 

I also cleaned a drawer tower. I removed and got rid of several items and cleaned up behind and under it. 

I finished the last of the flannel blankets for the dolls and they are in the basket ready to go to the little girl. I have now sewn 3.3 meters of flannel which is a great start to the first third of January. 

I love doing the mitred hems and doing them keeps the technique in my memory for down the road. 

Knitting

I worked on the coat/sweater last night and am ready to knit the collar. I had no real issues with shaping the raglan sleeves. Just had to read the pattern carefully. I may have it done tonight. We wait and see. 

Thoughts

    I had a big aha moment in the last couple of days. While watching the decluttering videos, the presenter talked about capacity and real estate. It hit me between the eyes that I need to think more about what space (real estate) I want to keep certain things in and how full I will allow that space to be. If full, what do I need to cull so I have no extra items. I have been doing it unconsciously but am now doing it consciously. Not just the sewing room but the rest of the house. The pantry was an example. I do not need a hoard as I can drive 5 minutes to the grocery stores. I need some extras but if it flows out of the pantry it is excess. I need to look on the shelving unit in the basement and sort out what is expired from the pandemic hoarding (necessary) and move the rest upstairs unless I have to store it down there (coffee pods stay down there). 

    With my knee and hip feeling better, I need to get moving more. That means more cleaning upstairs. I let it go for a bit and now need to get back at it. I will be shopping Thursday morning and then will be focusing on cleaning after that for a few days. I do know I will have to shovel snow some of those days so I need to organize my thoughts and move forward. 

Today

My goal today is to start cleaning upstairs starting with the kitchen. I will be cleaning the table the Diamond sits on in the sewing room and start cutting out the rest of the Regency clothes to finish that ensemble. I have to pick up grandson from school and I want to knit in the evening. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment