Friday, January 13, 2023

I Want To Hibernate

The weather has been crazy. It was cold yesterday morning (-13.9C) and sunny. This morning it is 1C and snowing. The snow will change to rain. The high is to get to 11C. 

 Lifestyle

I am slowly cleaning the house. With it being winter, I want to hibernate so am forcing myself to be busy. I've done the kitchen and bathroom and will try to vacuum today. I did make 30 butter tarts yesterday and took them to daughter-in-law's workplace for afternoon coffee break.  

My knee flared up and had the sharp hot pain in it. Once the weather system came in, it settled down. Stiff but not really sore. It is much better this morning. 

Sewing

I didn't go into the sewing room for two days. The items to assess and look at are done and I'm keeping all I have. I'm finding that I am a minimalist when it comes to what I have in the sewing room. I also know what is over capacity is my focus this year. Fabric, trims. and notions. 

Yesterday's  challenge was the sewing table. I have 2 of them; one I sew at the majority of the time and the other for the Diamond which I use for some sewing, making piping and embroidery. I need to clean up both of these tables and wipe them down. There is some organization that needs to happen also. Once done, I will then pick up some items and wash the floor. 

Knitting

I finished the coat/sweater Wednesday night. The 2nd attempt fits Anna to perfection. 

I need to weight how much yarn I used and record it as I am keeping track of yarn this year. 

I also started heavy wool socks for daughter. I love knitting these socks as they are fast and fun. The first sock is purple and blue and the other will be blue and purple. 

Thoughts

    I have been thinking about the living room area of the upstairs. I want to change it and lighten it up. I spent a lot of time looking at ideas on Ikea. I know the walls will be painted a very light grey, the trim changed, and crown moulding put on. With that in mind, I am looking at light and bright with some dark accents. Natural coloured (not ivory) fabrics with some blue and greys in the mix. I will play with the furniture I have to see if what I have in my mind will work. 

    I still need to deal with is the Cricut. Where to I want to have it so I can use it easily. How do I want to store the paper, vinyl, etc. that I will be using (I'm starting with paper). Will it all reside in the sewing room? or the family room? What do I have that I can use? And what do I need to buy? Ideally, I would love to have the Cricut on its own table in the sewing room where the stash shelf is kept and a cube beside it to hold all the items I need. That will not happen this year as I need to sew down more of the stash. 

Today

I am going to vacuum upstairs and then clean the sewing tables in the sewing room. I am going out this evening to Ikea while grandson is at soccer practice. I may end up buying three items. One for the living room and two for the sewing room. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment