Monday, January 30, 2023

More On The Horse

 Yesterday was another lovely day. Sunshine and a high of 6.2C. This morning it is 6C and the high is to get to 5C. That's a bit of miscalculating. We are going to have several days of cold weather which will be our first cold spell this winter. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I worked on the balance sheet and paid bills. It didn't take long and I was ready to move on to doing a bit of organizing of the bills. I need to figure out exactly what I need which is starting to form in my mind. I also know I want to keep up on the this area Sunday mornings. 

Once I got the job done, I moved furniture, swept the floor, and washed it. When it was dry, I used the swifer on it as I could see fluff. I was surprised as I did clean the filters on the heat pump head. All was shiny and I put the area back together. I was done by 1 pm. It took longer than I had expected. 

While the floor was drying, I folded laundry. It was quite the job as Elliott decided to sleep in the area I fold the clothes in. He was being a pain as he didn't want cuddling or petting. I did succeed in getting it done without disturbing him too much. 

Sewing

One of the things I did while cleaning the dining area was to soak some dirty yellow snowflakes in a mixture of Tide, Oxi-Clean, borax, and very hot water. They came out white which was exciting. I left them to dry. 

The next step is to make a starch to stiffen them in. This will take time as I need to pin and stretch them on a foam board. A perfect job on a cold day. 

I took a picture of the horse head as I was able to look at it without wanting to cry. The rest from it was good for me mentally. 

I spent some time tracing 6 large pieces that go on the right side of the head, rough cut them so I can work on them today if I have time. 

I made myself stop when they were rough cut and headed out to have tea with my friend. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night but must start doing it again. I would like to get this sweater completed before the test pattern arrives by email. 

Today

I want to start tidying up the living area. It is messy and I have a few items to put away. When done, I will go into the bank and put gas in the car. If I have time, I will put the 6 pieces on the horse but will not do any more tracing. I can figure out what pieces I need to trace tomorrow. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time....................................................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:07 PM

    The horse is wonderful. The addition of the mane pieces on the left side gave it so much movement!

    ReplyDelete