Saturday, January 07, 2023

More Cooking Less Cleaning

 Yesterday was a dull day with no snow, sunshine, and wind. The high got to 0.4C. This morning we woke to snow and -2C. We could see some sunshine and a high of 2C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was another day of cooking. I made a Shepard's Pie which gave me dinner and 3 more frozen dinners. I spent a lot of time chopping the carrots, onions, mushrooms but I love the texture of this pie over others I've made. 

When I had cleaned up the kitchen from the Shepard's Pie, I got the Instant Pot out of its box. I read the booklet and fiddled doing the water test. It wouldn't come on so I hit the cancel button and thought. I looked at information on the internet. Suddenly I remembered that when you set it to what you want it to do, it comes on by itself. It worked. The water test was successful.

I had decided to make pulled pork using 2 pork chops. They weighed 1 lb so I knew I had to use about 1/3 cup BBQ sauce. I put them into the Instant Pot, put the BBQ sauce on top and added 1/2 cup chicken broth. The next struggle was getting the lid on. I realized I had to push the lid down. I set the timer for 20 minutes and then let it do a slow release. Not quite done in my books to I did it for another 20 minutes. Perfect. I shredded the pork, added a bit of the broth and BBQ sauce. It is ready to be frozen after spending time in the fridge to let the flavours mingle with the meat. 

While the Instant Pot was cooking, I cleaned the kitchen once again. I was tired as my knee and hip were sore from standing so much with the weather system coming in. I sat on the couch and rested for quite a while. I also did some exercises for standing evenly on both legs. That hurt some as I realize I'm still standing more on the good leg than I should be. I repeated the exercise several times before bedtime. 

Sewing

I did not go into the sewing room yesterday. By the time I got the cooking done, I had no time or energy to tackle the doll's area. I need at least an hour or more to sort the clothing I want to keep/give away. I have some tough decisions to make. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the doll's beret and then started the coat/sweater again. I got both sleeves knit and 7 rows done on the body. It is much easier to knit this time as I understand the pattern. 

Today

I am going to do some cleaning upstairs, laundry, and then decide if I need to go outside to deal with the driveway or if I will clean the doll's area in the sewing room. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

1 comment:

  1. I am an instant pot believer! I use mine pretty close to every meal, and have 3 in the kitchen and one more (2 qt extra small) for camping. Then I discovered the air fryer. I use my stove for eggs and popcorn.

    ReplyDelete