Thursday, January 26, 2023

A Horse Is Acquiring A Personality

 Yesterday was a bit warmer with a high of 0.3C. It was sunny which was nice. This morning it is 2C, the wind is blowing and it's going to be a wet one. The high will get to 12C today. 

Lifestyle

After taking grandson to school, I visited with my friend at the end of the driveway. I rushed in to have breakfast as I was going to be in the sewing room for the majority of the day. I did go out mid morning to get groceries.

Sewing

The first part of my sewing was to make sure all the threads were cut on the gift bag I am making. When done, I sprayed water on it to remove the chalk. It is almost gone and I need to cut the sides down and remove the remaining chalk. It is set aside as my cutting table is now in full production with the horse. 

My friend arrived at 9 a.m. and we set up her light box. All but one piece was in the proper position. She fixed that for me. We admired it and made a game plan for yesterday. 

After lunch, I cut out 13 pieces for the left side of the horse's head. That means trace the pieces onto steam-a-seam, rough cut them, fuse them onto the right side of the fabric, and cut them out carefully. I had to wipe my scissor blades down twice due to the stickiness of the steam-a-seam. 

Once the pieces are cut out, the remaining paper is removed and they are laid onto the horse. I use 2 silicone mats to lay the pieces onto. They are laid over the drawing of the horse. 

It took 2.5 hours of work to get what I wanted done yesterday. But, the horse is taking on a personality now. 

Next up is to finish the mane up the left side to the ear and across the head. Once that is done, I am sure we will fuse those pieces and start up the right side. 

My friend is doing a fox and she sent me a picture of where she is at now. The colours she has chosen are gorgeous but some will be switched out until she is happy with how it looks. 

She is so creative and I admire her for that. She turns each small piece under and hand stitches them down onto the back ground fabric. Not for the faint of heart. 

Today

I am out shortly to take grandson to school. The last day as he will be on a short break starting tomorrow. I am going to finish cleaning up the kitchen this morning. This afternoon I have to do 12-13 pieces on the horse. I will see how I feel tonight if I knit. I didn't last night as I was tired from working so hard on the horse. As the weather is going to be wet and windy, I will be staying home today. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment