Monday, January 02, 2023

Day 1 (Day 5 For Me) - Declutter Challenge

Yesterday was grey, gloomy, and. dull. The high got to 11.2C at 1 p.m. when it started to drop. It rained in the morning and then again in the late afternoon. We had 10.3" or .4" of rain. This morning it is 2C and could remain there all day. The weather will be sun, rain, and flurries. 

Lifestyle

Elliott started the day somewhat needy. I sat with him and finally got him settled around 10 a.m. He just didn't know if he wanted to eat or where he wanted to nap. I got him under the blanket on the chair where he stayed until 3 pm. 

Once asleep, I got busy and cleaned up the spare room. It was Elliott's litter box area that needed addressing. I got it spotless and was pleased with how it looked after a good hour of cleaning. 

I spent a few minutes in the garage moving a few things around. I put the potatoes and litter on top of the stand the smoker sat on. I did look around a bit but got cold and came inside. Another day I will put on my coat and do a bit more. 

I ate well yesterday and felt much better. No extra sugar or chocolate was eaten and portion control was in place. I had thought about joining Weight Watchers but won't at this time. I want to be able to do this on my own. My next job is to cook some freezer meals that I can enjoy this month. 

Sewing

It was Day 1 of the Declutter Challenge (Day 5 for me) and I bagged up the garbage from one container in the sewing room. The recycle bag and it are ready to go out tomorrow. I will add to the other trash bin and hope it goes also. 

My area to clean yesterday was the closet. I opened the door to this. 

I stared at it for a few minutes and decided that the bottom part needed to be dealt with first. I got the pillow forms out and four were put on the table as I am making pillows for the family room. The rest of the "stuff" on the floor was taken out to be dealt with. While it was out, the first job was to mop the floor. It was lunch time so I took a break.

After lunch I tackled the tubs of fabric for the doll's. I got it all out onto the sewing cabinet and I am not allowed to buy any more fabric for the dolls until this is almost all sewn. 

The vast majority of this fabric was brought prior to when we moved and there is another tub of fancy fabrics that came with us. As I put the fabric away into its tubs, I sorted them out by colour and then put a few pieces into a small tub that I need to sew up sooner rather than later. 

Once done, I loaded the closet and checked the shelf. I put away some notions (elastic, trim, and buttons) and checked out a few tubs. I hadn't touched many of them this year. 

It is much much better. What don't I like -- the fabric in tubs. I tend to ignore them. I have a feeling that I will have to spend some time twice a month picking out fabrics to sew. My brain screamed make dresses but I want to do more than that. Most of the fabrics were bought for simple dresses but there is so many nice patterns to sew that I will be doing some searching amongst the patterns. 

Big find in the doll's fabric -- a piece of red ripstop nylon to make a raincoat for the dolls. I have the red umbrella to go with it. It is out so I can make it. 

When I got the closet done, I cut out 2 cushion covers, got the zippers in both and one finished. They are basic with no quilting or trim on them. They will do for down there. 

The flannel is left over from grandson's 2021 pyjamas. There was 1.7 meters of fabric which will make 2 pillows and 2 blankets for dolls. I still have the flannel left over from 2020 to do the same -- 2 pillows and, hopefully, doll blankets. 

Knitting

The sweater/coat I knit is a bit small so I may remake it using larger needles. I need to find them first. I will set the project aside and start on a new project. I have lots of time to knit in the evenings. 

Thoughts

    It was good to start the year out by doing things. I had to push myself to get over the funk I've been in. I ate well, moved more, and made something. I put ideas down on to paper that I now need to put into my planner. A new year and time to move forward. 

    I am a person who needs to track what I am doing so I won't wander off looking at new ideas. That causes me to move away from my original plan. One of my new words to use is "focus" as I work my way through the house. 

Today

I am off with family to watch grandson play soccer. I need to eat and get ready. Not sure what else will happen today. I will play that by ear. I want to eat healthy and move some. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time............................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:59 PM

    You have a wonderful stash to play with. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete