Monday, January 09, 2023

More Doll Sorting

 Yesterday started off with snow and clouds and then it became sunny. The day high got to about -5.3C and it was -8C at 9 pm. This morning it is -1C. We are to have some rain showers and a high of 3C today and then it will be cool once again. 

Lifestyle

Elliott is settling down later in the mornings now. He was less needy yesterday while awake but still needed some help towards 11 am to settle down. He does play a bit more in the mornings so I'm wondering if he has changed his lifestyle. 

I spent time cleaning the pantry. It is always a job to sort, toss expired items, rearrange, and clean. This time was harder as I wanted to store the air fryer and Instant Pot on the same shelf as the slow cooker. They will be easy to get in and out if they are on the same shelf with no other items in the way. 

After a lot of organizing and reorganizing, I got it done. 

The only surprise was 2 containers of beef broth I don't remember buying. Not expired either. But I don't remember buying them. I can make French Onion soup one day soon. 

I have a lot of metal freezer containers and need to use them up before I buy more glass ones. For a few, it means cooking something like a meat loaf in them and then cutting it into portions and freezing in freezer bags. I can freeze spaghetti sauce in them also. Not ideal but I need to use them somehow. 

I did a search to see if I can make a beef stew with dumplings in the Instant Pot. Yes I can using a combination of two recipes. The big thing is to pressure cook the stew and then add the dumplings and use saute for the dumplings. I'm going to give it a try later this week. If I am happy, I will link to the recipes.

Sewing

I went down to the sewing room and cleaned up the Gotz doll's clothes. Only one ugly black sweater left the tub. I'll find the pattern and knit it again in a light colour. 

I kept the Edwardian clothes I had made though they do fit a bit tight. They were designed for a 16" doll and, though I enlarged the pattern a bit, it wasn't enough. I may do a photo shoot of the dolls wearing them and then decide on giving them away even if it means spending $$ on shipping to the US. 

Next up was the doll shoe bin. What a mess it was. It was a combination of shoes, boots and empty packing bags. I put the shoes into new bags. If I change the doll's shoes, the ones they were wearing will go into the bag the new ones come out of. I counted the shoes/boots I have and there are 42 pairs. Add in the 3 pairs I made and I have 45 pairs. And I want to buy a couple of pairs of winter boots. 

At this point, each doll can have a minimum of 3 pairs of shoes in their wardrobe when I do a sort. Funnily enough I have used all but 3 pairs on the dolls. The Gotz dolls can wear all the shoes but the American Girl dolls can't wear the shoes I bought especially for the Gotz dolls. Those shoes are narrower than the AG doll's feet are. 

Once done, I hemmed one of the doll blankets. It was easy as I know what I am now doing to make the mitred hems. 

Knitting

I knit on the coat/sweater and got it ready to add the sleeves. I found out I have to reknit the sleeves as I forgot to increase after row 4. I do have my stupid moments. The first sleeve has been unknit and I'm ready to knit the pattern. And, yes. I did the increase row. 

Thoughts

    I am having problems doing the exercise I was given. My leg cramps ups when I do it. I will keep trying until I master it.  I think I am able to stand on my feet for longer periods of time though I do have to rest when standing on certain floors. Ceramic tiles make my knee and hip tired. 

    I have been eating better since I put my mind to it. The sugar cravings are diminishing which is nice. I'm thinking about what I can cook so I have a meal to eat and a meal to freeze. I hope I can get to the butcher's to get some meat for more meals. Maybe on Wednesday. 

Today

I have physio this morning. I will be tired when I get out of there. When I get home, I will have to rest and then it will be folding laundry before lunch. I need to sprinkle some salt on the driveway as we could get freezing drizzle tonight. I will be cleaning the doll's cubby and sewing the last of the flannel blankets. I will continue to knit tonight. Not an overly exciting day but a busy one.

Until the next time...........................................................

1 comment: