Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Two Projects Started

Yesterday was a wet day. It rained hard in the morning and then it just rained. It stopped in the late afternoon. We had a high of 2.7C and 44.3 mm of rain (1.75"). This morning it is -2C (wind chill -8C) and it has snowed during the night. and will continue to snow and blow today. There could be sunshine today but we will have a nasty wind and a high of 0C. 

Lifestyle

Physio went well yesterday. My soreness was caused by a lactic acid build up from over doing it on Friday. It left while I was on the bike. I did all the exercises and we are noticing my core muscles are getting stronger. I'm doing a lot more sucking and tucking and the core muscles are sore from that. But they are getting stronger which is important. And I am noticing that I can do some things easier than I could. 

I rested some when I got home as I was tired. My body didn't want to relax as well due to the soreness and it fought the long leg stretch. It was sore and stiff all day (weather system coming in didn't help either). I woke last night with the pain running from my hip to my knee and then to my arch. I got up to help ease the pain and then slept the rest of the night. 

Sewing

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room. I decided to embroider the front of a gift bag. It has been perking in my mind for a long time. I used up a piece of black cotton from the stash and got going. I finished it after 5 pm last night. 

The chalk lines will come off with water. I need to take the green basting thread out and cut the long threads in the back. Once that is done, I can make the bag. I am excited to see how it will turn out. 

My neighbour arrived and helped me with the horse wall hanging. We rough cut out the eyes and pressed them onto the fabric. We then cut out the pieces and she started to assemble the eyes. Once they were layered together they were pressed to fuse them. Then we worked on the nose/mouth area. Both are done and in the tray. 

I got a list of pieces I need to do over the next couple of days. I am going to get this project done sooner rather than later. I have a feeling it could be done to me putting the finishing touches on it by Feb. 10. 

Knitting

I looked at patterns for a sweater for Lily last night and chose one I made a couple of years ago. It will be in white yarn. I cast it on and got 11 rows done. I will add length to the sleeves as the Gotz dolls have longer arms than the American Girl dolls. 

Today

My trip for shopping is not happening today due to the snow. I have to take grandson to school so need to shovel a strip down the middle of the driveway so I have a line to follow when backing out. I will have to work slowly on shovelling the driveway today. I would like to trace some of the pattern pieces for the horse today and knit tonight. I also need to make a stew in the Instant Pot for dinner. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment