Sunday, January 08, 2023

Sorting Doll's Clothes

 Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The snow melted in the sunshine as the high got to 2.4C. This morning there is snow and wind. It is -7C and we are to have a few flurries and a high of -7C. 

Lifestyle

I got the upstair floors swept and the kitchen floor washed. A load of laundry was done. I spent quite a bit of time with Elliott has he was having problems settling down for his nap. He didn't know where he wanted to have his nap and wanted some cuddles. He finally settled around 11 a.m. 

I did a bit of cooking yesterday. I made a salad using chick peas, cucumbers, and tomatoes seasoned with dill, salt and Greek dressing. It is a bit bland so I'm not sure if it has to marinate more or if I'm not a fan of the chick peas. I also got out the air fryer and made chicken tenders from scratch. They were really good. I also made the honey mustard dip. 

I will be making the chicken again. It was crispy, moist and tender. I rolled the chicken in flour, dipped it in egg, and then rolled in panko. I'm not sure how long I cooked it for as that was the experimental part. 

Sewing

I went down to the sewing room and started in the doll's area. It was harder to do than I thought. I pulled out all the clothes I had made that weren't historical. I put some into the basket for the little girl I sew for. A few more than I had hoped for went back into the tub. 

There was a lot of emotional attachment to the wedding dress I made in 2017. The dress was a lot of work and I love it. I also kept some knitted items that I didn't want to part with. The t-shirt, leggings, and jeans I use on the dolls when modelling other items. 

I went through the historical clothes and was able to give away a few of them. I kept a lot of the clothes as they are ones I do love and want for parts of some of the dolls' wardrobes. They are neatly put away in their container. 

The top two items are ready for me to add to ensembles I hope to make this year. I need to look at what I have and decide if they will be ensembles or just single pieces for a wardrobe for the dolls in which I will add to them. Do I need to make undergarments for some of the wardrobes? Do I need to make a t-shirt and pants for something in the modern clothing tub? A lot of decisions will be made this year.  

I have one ensemble fully done. I found the apron and put it with the Isla Lass outfit. Julie is happy modelling it. 

The next item will be an outfit. I made the wedding dress in the spring of 2019 and I now need to make the hat. I am hoping that it will be an easier make so I can put it into the little girl's pile. Though I love the dress, I am not emotionally attached to it. 

I have two containers left to go through -- the shoes and the Gotz dolls' clothes. I haven't sewn or knit a lot for the Gotz dolls so I'm hoping it will be easy to sort through their container. 

The basket for the little girl is getting full. It does give me joy knowing that she will enjoy the clothes in that basket. I am now starting to give her a few historical items I've made as she is now at an age she might enjoy them. 

Sewing Room Clean Up

Today job is cutting tools and I need to sort through mine. I have the ones I want at the sewing machines and the ones I use at the cutting table. I have a rotary cutter that is small that I rarely if ever use. Do I need it? Probably not. I have scissors that are old and they need to go. I really need to look at new shears for cutting fabric. In the end, I will probably let go of the old scissors and the small rotary cutter. 

So far I am happy with what I have done. It is easier this year than last year as I did a huge purge then. I am going back over things looking at what I can let go of so I can move forward. I have listed items that I want to finish or that I want to start. I am hoping that I can keep the sewing room tidier this year. Taking the time to clean up after each day is going to be something I will strive to do. 

Knitting

I have the bottom part of the coat/sweater knit. I had to stop and really focus on the last two rows of decreasing as I made a stupid mistake I still can't figure out what I did. I'm now on doing straight stitching until I decrease 2 stitches for the waist. Once I establish the pattern in my head, I can knit and watch my shows. 

Today

I have more laundry to do, laundry to fold, and the pantry to clean so I have space for the air fryer and Instant Pot. I can also do an inventory of what I have. This afternoon, it will be in the sewing room sorting out the cutting tools, working on the Gotz dolls' clothes and, finally sewing on the blankets. Tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time.........................................

1 comment: