Saturday, January 14, 2023

Thoughts and More Thoughts

 Yesterday the weather wasn't as bad as expected. We had rain and then it stopped. The high got to 13.4C. It must have rained during the night as we had 20.8mm of rain fall. This morning it is 3C and pouring rain. The high is to get to 5C and then cool off. We are under a rainfall and freezing rain warning at the moment. 

Lifestyle

The snow that fell yesterday morning turned into a mess quite early as it started to warm up. By mid afternoon, there was no snow left and the rain had stopped. I did run out in the rain to bring the green bin in as the wind was coming up and I didn't want that bin in the ditch. It was easier to go out in the rain than to slip and slide down into the ditch. 

I moved the living room furniture around yesterday and want to do a bit more this morning. The two pieces of the couch need to be swapped. I am happy at the moment with the layout but that can change. 

After dinner I went with daughter-in-law and grandson to the city. Grandson had soccer so we went to Ikea. I had my list in hand and we looked at what was on it. The love seat and couch were uncomfortable. Off the list. We found one chair that was nice but when you sat in it, you leaned back. Great for napping but horrid for knitting. We looked at the rest of the items and I was blah about them. I finally got the zipper bags and the two drawer insert for the Kallax cube. It was time to leave at that point as the store was closing. But I did realize that if I am going to buy furniture, I need to shop elsewhere or get some of my furniture reupholstered. 

Sewing

I cleaned the table and the sewing cabinet yesterday. The table was easy. I moved the machine around, wiped the surface of the table, wiped the machine, and tidied up. I pulled the table out and wiped the baseboards and floor. 

The sewing cabinet takes more time as the Juki and serger reside on it. I wiped, sorted, cleaned and moved the cabinet away from the wall to do the floor and baseboards. When I started to put the cabinet back into place, one piece came apart and everything on it spilled to the floor. I was totally upset. I did clean it up, got the piece put back on and finished up. In the midst of the mess, I found an extra plastic ring so I can now fix the last shade in the family room. 

I went around the room and did a bit more wiping as I found dust. I finished sweeping the floor and am ready to wash it. I will install the drawer insert into the doll's cube when I have time and energy. I looked at the room and will now tweak my space each day until the declutter challenge is done. 

Knitting

I have the leg done one the first sock and am ready to knit the heel flap. Using heavier yarn and bigger needles makes these socks grow quickly. 

Thoughts    

    I have been having almost continuous IBS and anxiety attacks. I have been feeling stressed and just want to sit and do nothing. I am a wreck to say the least. It got to the point that I was ready to cry. I stopped and thought and thought and thought. 

    This feeling could be in part SAD. We have had a lot of  dull grey days. More than I remember from previous years. The daylight LED lights aren't doing it for me this year so I will be hauling out my light to use each morning. 

    The feeling could be from people suggesting how I move forward. These well given ideas have me clamming up. Am I ready to move forward? In some areas I am but in other areas I'm not. I feel like I am in survival mode. Maybe that survival mode has a tinge of negativity added to it. Is it part of the grieving process. I'm working through it. 

    I am working through how I want to live in the house alone. I need to have it calm and orderly. Everything in it place and a place for everything. I want to keep my crafts in the sewing room and have that room neat and tidy. I don't want it spilling out into other areas of the house. That means I am over capacity in what I am doing in that room. The same goes for other areas of the house. Some days I can move forward with getting things organized and other days my brain shuts down. What I want isn't going to be a huge change from what we had. It was something we both liked and worked on over the years to accomplish. Some days the memories have me just wanting to sit and think, and nap. 

    I will get past this stage. By thinking and mulling over thoughts, I can work my way forward. 

Today

I am tired due to being out late last night and waking early this morning. I will do a small load of laundry, piddle around upstairs, rest, nap, and revive from my lovely evening out. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment