Saturday, January 28, 2023

Will I or Won't I?

Yesterday was sunny with a high of 1.2C. This morning it is -4C. We are to have sunshine with clouds coming in this afternoon. The high is to get to 3C. There is a chance of rain or snow in the afternoon.

Lifestyle

I spent the last half of the morning cleaning the "server" in the dining area. It has a door which has a shelf in it and 4 drawers. The drawers were purged to within an in of their lives. I found items I question myself on having kept. The door area housed dishes that I don't use. I put them above the fridge until I decide what I want to do with them. The area is clean and will become my area for paper work. I have a tray in there housing all my papers. I need to get a few things for to help organize myself. 

The table is cleaner but not cleaned up properly. I still have items to deal with - a camera, some crocheted doilies, and items that need to be put into a container for shredding. My planner is big and I like it on the table. I have to figure out a way to deal with it. I don't want it hidden away or I won't use it. Also on the table is my lap top. I can put it away in the server when I want the table to be totally cleaned off. Truthfully, I don't like having all of this stuff out on the table. But, this house has no place for me to have an office space and I don't want it downstairs. So I work on balancing tidiness   and having easy access to what I need. 

Last night I heard one of my cousins passed away. I had met her once and we corresponded a bit about the family tree. She was an avid genealogist and gave me enough information to get going on that branch of the tree. I was saddened to hear of her passing. 

Sewing

I got the 13 pieces fused onto fabric, cut out and placed. I was pleased with the results, very tired, and almost lost it when I found a piece on the stairs. 

Finding the piece on the stairs almost did me in. I now need to figure out where it goes and put it back on. I have learned that I can do this but shouldn't push myself to being mentally exhausted. I need a day off to relax my brain. On the other hand, I want to get it done so I can give it to daughter and then move on to other sewing hence the pushing myself.

Knitting

I finished the second sleeve, joined the body and got 4 rows of the pattern knit. I have to watch while I knit the pattern as I forget to do one step at least once each pattern row. 

I will be testing another pattern for the Nova Scotia designer. I am excited to be doing it for her as I love her designs. So far I've tested all the designs she has published. 

Thoughts

    I signed up to take a course on selling items with a multitude of presenters. It runs for 3 days with today being the last day. I decided in the end not to take part but just watch one video a day. The two I've watched have left me knowing I probably won't do craft shows this year. I am not prepared for it for several reasons.

    1. I am trying to adjust to a life alone and want to get the house purged and tidied up. It is more important to do this than to spend hours figuring out what will sell successfully. 

    2. Figuring out what people want to buy is a lot of work and I only attended one craft show last year. I know what I make some people do like but will others want to buy them due to the cost. Will they be popular or not? 

    3. Building inventory is not exactly what I want to do. Do I really want to sew up a bunch of items one after the other? No, as I am not a person who likes to do assembly line sewing of any kind. I am not a speed sewer as I am too much of a perfectionist. 

    I have decided that this is a "will I or won't I" situation. I will make some items to offer for sale to friends and gift what I make to others. I want to sew up the stash, have fun, and not feel stressed to meet deadlines. I will look at it again later on after I talk to a lady my age who sells at craft fairs in the fall. I also need to go to more craft fairs this year and scout out what is selling.  

Today

I have 5 pieces to trace and put onto the horse. I am hoping my friend will come over and help me press it down so I can start on the right side of the horse. I am exhausted so I want this to be a short day. I need a change of pace and may go out for a drive to clear my head. I am also hoping that I can work on the balance sheet for January but that remains to be seen. I hope to knit tonight. I can tell I am tired when I say the word "hope".

Until the next time..........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment