Monday, January 16, 2023

Over Capacity?

 It was another grey dull day with freezing rain, snow, and rain. The high got to 0.9C which must have been close to midnight as the temperature remained at around 0C all day. This morning it is 2C and we are to have rain and a high of 6C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I hauled out the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the 2 bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. I then washed those floors. I also did laundry and made the bed with fresh bedding. It is hard to vacuum as it makes my back hurt but I persisted with sitting down when necessary. I am happy with what I did get done and it made me feel much better. 

I also washed the sewing room floor and it was dirty. More of a black lint rather than dirt came off the floor. I will be washing it again in the next couple of days to make sure I have it really clean. 

Sewing

Yesterday was UFO's and I have 4 of them. I know I need to deal with them. One goes to a long arm quilter to be done as it is a large quilt. The other is a wall hanging I can do myself. The other two may get done very quickly and put into the donation box. If they aren't done this year, they are trash. I'm not in love with the colours so why am I keeping them? 

I didn't sew (again) yesterday as the floor was wet and the room was cool. But I can start sewing again now that I am at the tweaking stage of decluttering the room. 

Knitting

I did knit a bit yesterday. Not a lot as I was busy thinking. 

Thoughts

    While watching yesterday's video on decluttering the sewing room with Karen Brown, I was wondering why I've been in such a funk lately. Has it been pressure to have the house just for me? Maybe not. Has it been having my crafts in other room? Maybe not. I started to think and wondered if I'm feeling over capacity and over my stress threshold in all areas of the house? It might just be that. It may be that I am starting to live in the present and looking towards the future and am feeling a bit guilty about that. I will let that one resonate as I work through bringing my stress threshold back to where I am feeling peace once again.

    I noticed a YouTube video on decluttering your house by a person who goes by Clutter Bug. I watched one of her videos, then another. She started me thinking and then I realized she is Canadian (Ontario) and then she dropped the info that she is the host of Host Mess House on HGTV. I was enjoying her videos when she met with another person who also has YouTube videos. She goes by the name of The Minimal Mom.

    I moved over to watching her videos and she resonated with me immediately. She and her family have been living a minimal life for about 8 years now. It isn't minimalism but it's having less so you can and will put things away easily and immediately. I was becoming really interested in what she had to say on how she sorts, organizes, and keeps her house neat and tidy. I was impressed. I then realized that I am over capacity for me. I need to purge hard once again and let go of what I am not using so I can enjoy my house. The areas that are purged, I enjoy. The other areas do leave me stressed. 

    My first area to purge and clean is under the kitchen sink. I have a lot of cleaning products that were bought during the pandemic. I cleaned the house like a mad woman. I have cleaning products stashed due to everyone buying them. Now, I need to clean up that area and sort through what I really need and let go of the rest. I bought what I could during the pandemic and some are products I don't really like. Honestly, I have avoided this small area as it has stressed me. I'm going to attack it today. 

Today

I am going to clean under the sink and get what I don't like out of that area - gone, gone, gone. I need to fold laundry and do some sewing. I will knit tonight. I doubt if I will go out today as I need nothing. I can as the neighbour's oldest son came over and scraped my driveway and salted it. I am so grateful for wonderful neighbours, family, and friends. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment