Sunday, January 22, 2023

Doll's Juliette Hat Completed

 Yesterday was cool, windy, and sunny. The high got to -0.7C. This morning it is -5C and we are to have sunshine and a high of 1C. 

Lifestyle

I was sore yesterday from climbing up and down the small ladder I used when cleaning the upper cupboards on Friday. It was basically sore muscles. I hobbled around doing what I had to do and put heat on my back and legs last night. It did help. I actually did more than I had thought I would.

Grandson spent the morning with me. He and our friend's two boys shovelled the driveway and back deck. I put out some salt on the icy patches and by late afternoon the driveway was bare and almost dry. 

After he did some of his homework and grandson played his saxophone for me. We had a delightful time together. We took some time and dismantled Santa's Workshop (Lego) I had bought for him in 2015. I want him to sell it as I won't be putting it up any more. As we dismantled the pieces, one of the pieces broke. After searching the Lego site, we found where we could get the piece replaced free of charge. It will arrive in a month. I will put the bag of Lego pieces away and store the tub in the basement. Another decluttering job done. 

Sewing

I spent time in the sewing room yesterday. I finished the Juliette hat. The finishing touches weren't hard. It was hand sewing the flowers and the opening and then pressing it well. 

I am pleased with it and it fits the doll's head well. 

It looks quite nice with the dress. 

I will not be making this dress again so all the pattern pieces are gone. I did enjoy testing the dress for the designer. The hat was harder to make than I had expected but it did turn out okay. 

Once the hat was done, I put together the drawer insert for the doll's cube. As it is from Ikea, it wasn't hard to do. The hardest part was screwing the insert part into the cube. I had to get the battery operated drill. I have the Diamond sewing machine's feet in one drawer and the cording for piping in the other one. Those items are now contained which makes me happy. 

Knitting

I worked on the sock last night and have the gusset almost done. I am happy at how it is progressing and need to think about what I am going to knit next. I'd like to use up the left over yarn from these socks so will have to find a doll's sweater for it. 

Thoughts

    I had a fairly good day yesterday even though it's been 4 months since the Spousal Unit passed away. I didn't feel any depression though there was a bit of sadness. No tears either. I got through the day in a fairly good mood. Being busy does help. 

    I am happy that I decluttered and purged the kitchen. Everything seems to be working for me. I need to get the spices organized as I think they will work in the Lazy Susan. I don't mind having empty spaces in the cupboards. The space has been easy to clean. My next job is to clean the fridge and shine the stainless steel appliances and scrub the floor. I actually enjoy being in the kitchen now.

    My plan for paper clutter is forming in my head. I want it simple so I will use it effectively. My big plan is to do paper work once a week. Rather than spending a couple of hours twice a month, I would like to spent half an hour once a week. It is going to take me several hours to set this up but the goal is to have it effective and easy to use. 

    I keep wondering why Blogger fools with the font size on my posts. It is annoying that parts come up in the extra large size when I use large. 

Today

I am going to rest again today with heat on my sore spots. I want to make piping for daughter this morning, do the books, and then I may go over and see my neighbour for help with the horse wall hanging. The walk over there will be good for me. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment