Thursday, January 05, 2023

More Cleaning In The Sewing Room

 Yesterday was a cooler day that was calm and cloudy. The high got to 5.9C which was around noon. This morning it is -2C and we are awaiting the snow. It hasn't come but it is suppose to. The high is to get to -3C. 

Lifestyle

With the arrival of snow today, I was out shopping for groceries yesterday morning. I bought 3 smaller ramekins for meals which have no lids and will need to be covered with plastic wrap. I am planning on cooking a few freezer meals over the next couple of snowy days. 

With the storm coming in, my knees and back decided to ache. It started while shopping and didn't stop until this morning. It slowed me down some and left me tired as I struggled with the pain and lack of mobility. 

I went around and picked up all the garbage as I take it to curb side in the late afternoon the day before. This time I had a lot to go -- 2 full bags as I took out the garbage from the sewing room. 

I was out to pick up grandson and take him home from school. He and I then went and got dinner for us and I was home to eat by myself. We enjoy our little trips out and about. 

Sewing

Yesterday's declutter was books. I did both books and magazines last year and got them out of the house in September. I have bought none and was given a book this year. Nothing is leaving as they are what I want to keep. 

I got my embroidery foot for the Diamond yesterday. It was in the postal box. I had asked the company for the tracking number and didn't get it. I gave them a poor review because of that. 

I cleaned the pressing area yesterday. It was dirty and I scrubbed it well. Not a lot disappeared but I noticed I need more starch. I moved everything, swept the floor and washed it. It was filthy with a sticky layer of starch, sticky fluff, and dirt. It was great to put everything back into its place when done. 

I have no extras in the pressing area. I use all the tools when pressing as I want as professional looking item as possible. I have disinfectant wipes in there to use to clean up glue and the cutting table. 

After cleaning, I made 2 more pillows for the family room. As I now know what I am doing, they went together quickly. The fabric is thicker and much nicer to work with. 

I was able to cut out the two doll blankets so I can sew them next. When they are done, that will be 3.3 meters of stash sewn. 

Knitting

I didn't knit last night but I did clean out my knitting bag. I put what I'm not using into a basket to take downstairs today. It felt good getting that cleaned up so I can move forward with my knitting. 

Decluttering The Sewing Room

I am enjoying the decluttering process again this year. I don't have as much to do this year as I did a big purge last year and started decluttering and cleaning in November. 

I am finding that I have kept what I wanted to have and have bought very little extras. Upgrading the embroidery machine was one area that needed doing and I put that off for 2 years. I find I am thinking through purchases very carefully where before I bought it with little thought. 

The garbage is gone from the sewing room. I have a bag of recycling to take out and will do that before next week. I am keeping a few pieces of fabric for when I do appliqué on the embroidery machine. Not a lot as I know it can become unmanageable. 

We are now on books, magazines, and patterns. The books are what I want to keep. The magazines are gone but a few knitting ones that I do look at periodically. The patterns I purged last year are in a bag in the storage room. I need to get them gone but am not sure whether the thrift shops will take them. I may just drag them to curb side to be recycled. What is left is what I want. There isn't a lot and I will deal with them on a yearly basis. I did look at them all in the fall. 

Today

I have to take son to physio this morning and I want to do some meals for the freezer. I am going to start on the doll area today. I need to sort some clothes to give away to the little girl I sew for. Sewing will be the doll blankets.

Until the next time..................................................

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:33 AM

    You may want to contact your public library and see if they would like some of the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:16 PM

    Our local thrift shop does take patterns, although they sell them for such a tiny amount its hard to imagine they make much from them!

    ceci

    ReplyDelete