Thursday, January 19, 2023

Cleaning Not Decluttering

 Yesterday was one beautiful day. We had hours of sunshine and a high of 7.4C. I had all the curtains opened and the heat turned down. This morning it is cloudy and 1C. We are to have a high of 2C and some flurries. We are under a special weather statement -- lots of snow tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

Elliott and I enjoyed the sun yesterday. He slept on the bed in the sunshine while I decided to clean the dining room which was bathed in sunshine. 

I decided not to finish the bottom cupboards yesterday as I had a sneezing fit that was allergies. It started up in the dining area where the heat pump head is. So, it was time to clean (not declutter) that area. I washed the filters which were quite dusty and wiped out the area where the heat comes out (quite black). I tidied up the table, washed it good, and then dehired the chair that Elliott sleeps on. He loves the warm heat blowing on him. I swept the floor and I felt much better. The dust, cat hair, and what ever else was corralled and gone. 

I took the heavy pot from the small cupboard and put it on the bottom shelf of the Lazy Susan and put the 2 tubs into the cupboard. I now need a tray to sit the toaster on so it can reside in that cupboard also. It is so nice to have all the pots in one area rather than in several areas. 

Daughter-in-law and grandson came over with dinner and put together the TV stand and set up the TV. It was so nice of them to do that for me. I was on garbage detail as we wanted to get the styrofoam out to curb side as it is garbage day today. I was able to watch TV after I set up the apps. So nice to have a 55" screen to watch rather than the iPad. 

Sewing

I did sew yesterday. I decided to make a new bag to microwave baked potatoes in. My old one is about 15 years old and on its last legs. 

I was able to find .3 meter of fabric in the stash and started to work on it. I had to rip out some as I didn't use cotton thread. It had to be quilted so I cross hatched it. Just over half done the cross hatching when I stopped for the day. 

It is blue which was the only requirement I had for the project. It is never out unless I am using it.

Knitting

I didn't knit last night as I was busy with the TV. But I can now watch the YouTube video on the TV when I need to remember how to do something. I need to do that before I start the heel flap. 

Today

The goal is to finish the bottom cupboards in the kitchen. This afternoon I want to finish the microwave bag and tonight I will knit. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment