Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Doll Blankets Sewn

 Yesterday was a fairly nice day in which the temperature rose all day. It was 6C at midnight. And with the warm weather came rain after midnight. This morning, it is 4C and we are under a weather statement. Cloudy with showers or drizzle, cooling off and snow tomorrow. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was a day of resting for me. I fasted for 15 hours before I had blood work. My body didn't like either and it decided to go into it's usual funk and be exhausted. I've always been like this and, when younger, use to pass out. I had apple juice before I left and had a large breakfast when I got home. I then sat and recovered for a few hours. 

I walked with out the cane into the hospital. I actually strided in quickly. No issues with my hip or knee. I repeated it on the way out and it felt good to move quickly. Everything is coming along slowly but surely. 

I ate horridly yesterday but that comes with the funk. My mind wants to recover with food but my body takes the food and does its thing. I didn't over eat but I did eat sugar. 

Sewing

The doorbell rang twice yesterday. My Cricut arrived first and then the mats. The New Year's sales are over with and I didn't order the remaining items I wanted. I will keep an eye out for them over the next while. I can do without them for now. I didn't open anything as I didn't have the energy to do it. Hopefully today.

I was going to do the pressing area yesterday and didn't have the energy to take it apart, clean everything, wash the floor and put it back together again. It is more dirty than unorganized or cluttered. The only thing I added to the pressing centre was a container of disinfectant wipes. I use those when making doll shoes as I am messy when I use glue.

I did sew and got the two doll's blankets done. They aren't fancy but they do have the mitred corners when I hemmed them. They are in a basket for the little girl I sew for. 

I measured the next piece of flannel and have 1.6 meters. It is a nicer flannel than the grey; heavier and a better quality. I cut the end on a stripe to even it up and started the second cut for the two cushion cover fronts. I'm looking forward to sewing this fabric and when done I will have sewn 3.3 meters. A good start to 2023. 

I printed out the Juliette style hat to go with this wedding dress I tested in the late spring of 2019. 

I have the fabric, lining, buckram, and lace overlay for it. Once I finish the Regency dress, I will be making this and giving the outfit to the little girl I sew for. The hat looks like this.

I wasn't going to make it but the supplies have been in a tub for almost 4 years and there is something to learn when making this hat. I haven't sewn with buckram. And it is time to do some hand appliqué to keep the brain active. 

Knitting

I didn't knit or look for the needles yesterday. I need to look for the needles, bring up the yarn, and start the coat/sweater again. 

Thoughts

    While registering for blood work, I realized how close the lab is to the emergency room. I thought back to the pre-pandemic days when people use to walk through the emergency room at 6 a.m. to be the first to have blood work done. We've come a long ways in three years.  We now have to make online appointments so the waiting room isn't full of people with the wait time being up to an hour. Yesterday wasn't fast but it wasn't slow. 

    While in the sewing room, I was thinking how I want to sew down the stash at the moment. I am also enjoying doing techniques I haven't done for a couple of years (mitred corners when hemming). My brain is active and I'm in my happy place. 

Today

I have to grocery shop this morning, do a load of laundry, and make chicken pies. I want to clean the pressing area and work on the cushion covers. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:08 PM

    Love the hat and dress. Is this pattern still available? My AG girl would love a dress like this!

    ReplyDelete