Saturday, January 01, 2022

Welcome 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Yesterday ended 2021 with grey skies, rain/snow mix, and a high of 1.6C. There was heavy fog last night and it has lifted this morning. The temperature was 0C and we are to see some sunshine and 7C today. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The weather here on New Year's Day was all that could be desired and sleighing was the chief amusement of the day. Cheezetcook Jan 1 1904.

Lifestyle

I have decided to add a news clipping each day about what was happening in one of Nova Scotia's small communities between 1880 and 1910. The Spousal Unit got two of these books for Christmas.

We are fighting something here. Our heads are clear, we have no fever but we are both coughing. I had to give the Spousal Unit both of his puffers last night as he couldn't stop coughing. I have a feeling it is bronchitis from the damp cool weather we have been having.  

Daughter's dogs got to feed her horses in true cowboy style yesterday afternoon. Their bandanas arrived. 

There were 618 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 34 people in the hospital with 4 in ICU which is an increase in numbers. 

Sewing

I spent 2 hours in the sewing room making masks for a friend. She can choose the one the fits her the best and the other one I will keep after giving it a good laundering. 


This is the pattern I make for daughter-in-law and she got 2 in this fabric. I still have enough fabric to make 2 more. I need more elastic and will be going up Tuesday morning to try and get a package of the adjustable ones.

The sewing room is still not cleaned and I will have to spend time daily on it. I tossed all but 4 of the doll's pdf patterns. The ones I kept are ones I make when I need something basic. I have enough patterns that I won't be making duplicates of most. 

There are 6 pillow forms on the floor under the cutting table. I will keep the 20" square one for us and the rest will be made into reading pillows and donated to the library. I will look for fabric on sale for the pillows and make them up once a month until they are done. I need to figure out how to do some coordination of colors so I buy the least amount of fabric as possible.

Knitting

I took the mitten apart and wound the yarn into a ball. The thumb looked okay and then it looked horrid and I quit. I need to find something else to knit the yarn out of. Something for the Gotz dolls. It is also time to start knitting heavy socks for daughter. 

Today

I am hoping to put away decorations this morning or at least start putting them away. This afternoon is out to deliver masks and tonight is to bed early in hopes of feeling better tomorrow. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment