Tuesday, January 04, 2022

A Mask Making Day

 Yesterday was a nondescript day as it was grey with a bit of sunshine. The high got to -1.6C. This morning it was -10C with a windchill of -15C. The high today is suppose to be -7C. We could see flurries, sunshine, and clouds. Oh, and wind. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Messrs McNeil and McMillian have recently received their winter stock. Mr. McNeil's supply was landed at the Irish Cove wharf and Mr McMillian's at the Johnston's Harbor wharf.  Red Islands Jan 4, 1897 (Red Islands is in Cape Breton Island)

Lifestyle

All of the inside Christmas decorations have been put away. I am not sure how I felt about Christmas this year. My feeling were mixed. Happy we could spend time with family and friends but sad as it was a second year of Covid restrictions. I will do the outside decorations on a warm day (Thursday).

There were 1020 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 36 people in the hospital with 4 in ICU. The high cases numbers line up with people gathering for Christmas and we could see another bump in a week due to New Years according to Dr. Strang. 

Sewing

I was in the sewing room early yesterday morning. By noon I had grandson's 5 masks made and bagged with no pictures taken. I was thrilled to have them done. 

After lunch, I was back in the room making 3 more masks for friends. They were completed mid afternoon and I'm happy they are done. It is amazing how fast they go together when you can sew them in your sleep.

These have little nose flaps that come up from the back and those who wear them love them. Their glasses do not fog up wearing them. Next up is 6 masks for son, the Spousal Unit and myself. Once I get confirmation on the size for son's I will cut out all 6 and sew them in an assembly line fashion. They are the same design. 

Yesterday was sorting and decluttering magazines. I have so few that I didn't even look at them. But I did find more squatters in the sewing room. They were dealt with immediately and are in their rightful places. 

My next place to work on is under the cutting table. I have no idea what I have in the boxes and tubs other than the one I fill to mail to daughter. Time to deal with it later this morning.

Knitting

Nothing done in that department. I am enjoying the break at the moment but need to get back to knitting.

Today

I have blood work this morning. Once home I will rest and maybe sort out a tub or two under the cutting table. This afternoon we hope to deliver masks. We may stop at the quilt shop if it isn't busy. Tonight I may set up socks for daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment