Sunday, January 23, 2022

A Busy Day Upstairs and Downstairs

 Yesterday was a cold day with a high of -8.5C. It wasn't really sunny but it wasn't gray and gloomy. It snowed during the night and was -10C this morning. The high is to get to -2C and we could have sun and snow flurries during the day with snow tonight. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The boys are taking all possible means of practicing hockey. Hansport Jan 23, 1901.

Lifestyle

Though I was tired, I pushed ahead and vacuumed all the floors upstairs. This included moving furniture so the floors underneath could be done. I also vacuumed the stairs, front landing and down into the basement. The blankets on the couch and chair were laundered and all the knitting was put into the bag. Step 1 of the living area is done. 

I had a short nap in the afternoon as I could not keep my eyes open and was becoming nonfunctional. It helped keep me going until bedtime. 

There were 502 confirmed cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 82 people in the hospital with 11 in the ICU. There are 287 confirmed cases of covid in the hospitals which is up. 

Sewing

I started to trace the pattern for the kit I have. 

There are a lot of pieces to trace and I did a few. Once the page is done, I will label each piece, cut it out and put them into bags according to fabrics they go on. Then onto the next page.

I printed the pattern for the doll outfit I want to make. The fabrics were chosen and they are ready to launder today. 

I pulled out a UFO to free motion quilt and had issues with the tension. I am going to change the needle today and try again. I have a video to watch also. 

Knitting

The top is coming along and I have about 14 rows left before I do the shoulder straps. This was a faster knit than I thought it would be. Decreasing the raglan sleeves hasn't been as difficult even with the pattern. 

Today

I want to clean some of the living area furniture and wash the floors. There will be some laundry done. I want to work in the sewing room doing more tracing and quilting. Tonight I want to knit on the test pattern. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment