Sunday, January 02, 2022

Ready To Cut Out Masks

 Yesterday started out dull and grey and then it brightened up. The sun almost came out, there were patches of blue sky and the temperature got up to 7.6C. Then, clouds rolled in and there were showers. This morning the temperature is 5C and it is to go down to -5C with snow. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

A blustering storm is raging with considerable violence, a regular old fashioned weatherstorm. The harbor shows signs of but little of Jack Frost's touch, a most unusual event at this season. Pugwash Jan 2 1900.

Lifestyle

Though I am, once again, tired my cough has diminished. The Spousal Unit still has congestion and I was awake during the night giving him his puffer. 

I spent the morning looking up ideas for greenhouses for the raised boxes. We will have to go to the city to look at them before we decide to buy any. 

We had a nice drive to Wolfville and the masks were delivered. We visited for 5 minutes and then headed home. We both had a nap after we got home. I did do some cleaning up in the kitchen before dinner. It is nice to have the kitchen clean every night. 

Sewing

Grandson called to say the last mask I made him fits perfectly. I am now ready to cut out his 5 masks and start assembly line sewing. At the same time, I will cut out son's 2 masks and 2 for the Spousal Unit. I'm doing a cutting marathon before I start to sew. 

I bought 2 patterns to embroider mug rugs for Christmas gifts. I am looking forward to making a variety of them this year. I can use up some scraps of fabric, buy a bit, embroider a lot, and have fun. 

I also bought this pattern from O Sew Kat. The designer has hacked the pattern into historical drawers which is what I need for the historical clothing I have and will continue to make. I will also make the pattern in modern fabric for the little girl I sew for. 

Yesterday's decluttering was to empty the garbage, get out boxes, and make a trail to your sewing machine. I can get to my sewing machine and I have boxes and tubs out for purging. Fabric scraps on the floor and cutting table were put into the trash can and I will empty it when it is full. Paper and plastic are in their recycling container and, once full, will go out.  

Knitting

I am not knitting at the moment as I am too tired to think about it. I will cast on socks once I am not so tired. 

Today

I need to start putting Christmas away, cut out masks, and rest. 

Until the next time.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment