Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Mug Rug #3 Done

 Though yesterday saw a high of 6.1C sometime during the early morning hours, the temperature dropped all day. It was cloudy but not dull though it did get dark in the afternoon. This morning it is -13C and chilly out there. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

We are having clear frosty weather and the ice is beginning to form between us and our Island neighbors. Cape John Jan 19, 1900.

Lifestyle

Yesterday's decluttering and cleaning was the driveway. The Spousal Unit put salt on the icy part (1/3 of said driveway) and we left it for a bit. When he went out to shovel the back deck, I drug out the ice scraper and shovel and went down to scrape the ice off the driveway. 90 minutes later, it was done. Some places the ice was thick enough I had to chip away at it. Other places the ice came up easily. I was sore when done and had muscle cramps from the work. The Spousal Unit put salt on the bits of ice we couldn't get up and the driveway was clean by mid afternoon. 

There were 415 new cases of the virus report yesterday. The number of people in the hospital is 73 and there are 15 of them in ICU. One person passed from the virus. 

Sewing

I decided to see if the next mug rug had the thread color in the order I wanted it to stitch out. It did and I was thrilled to have that figured out. 

One left to go and I can start the ones for gifts. 

Today's declutter was batting scraps. I don't keep a lot of batting scraps as I buy what I need. I use the left over large pieces for bags or pillows ending up with tiny pieces. I had cut one scrap into the size needed for mug rugs and moved on. 

I checked the scrap embroidery stabilizer I am using and all is good there. I had saved it when I was doing a lot of embroidery and overlap two pieces on a hoop. It is perfect for mug rugs as it is light weight. I could have all those scraps gone this year.

In the end, I decided to inventory knitting needles and put them all into one tub. Job done while the embroidery was happening. I also cleaned out my knitting bag and have two current projects in it. 

Knitting. 

Though I was tired and my left hand was still cramping some, I cast on the 2nd sleeve and knit the ribbing. I will work on the sleeve today.

I got the pattern for a 2nd test pattern and will start on it also. It is a sleeveless top with a peplum. It will be done in red also. 

Today

I'm heading out to shop in a few minutes. We have hair appointments this morning and this afternoon I want to finish the last of the mug rugs for daughter. I will have to find a declutter job to do as I am pretty much caught up on fabric. Tonight I want to knit on one of the patterns. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment