Friday, January 28, 2022

Muttering Due to Stupidity

 Yesterday was sunny most of the day. The high got to -7.9C but the sun made it feel warmer than that. The temperature dropped to -14 by 9 p.m. but was -7C this morning. We are under a storm watch which includes snow, rain, ice pellets, and wind. The high today is to get to -1C.

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Captain John H Anderson has opened a navigation school at Lower Jordan Bay. He has 13 scholars to date. Jan 28 1898.

Lifestyle

Yesterday I swept and mopped all the upstairs floors but the bedrooms. I did a load of laundry, folded it and it's ready to be put away. 

The Spousal Unit and I went out for a bit and it was busy in town. We got a few things before it went crazy. People were lining up waiting to get into the store and the manager was doing security. No one was upset they waited their turn patiently. We got in and out before that happened. 

A friend texted us last night to say our house in Ashcroft is on the market to be sold at just about double what we sold it for. Though the inside looks great, there are areas of the outside that look a bit tired. We love that house very much and wish we could have picked it up and moved it here. 

There were 366 new cases of the virus and 1 more death reported yesterday. There are 93 people in people admitted with covid and 15 are in ICU. Though they say this variant doesn't make you as sick, I am starting to wonder as the number of people in the hospital across the country is high. 

Sewing

I worked on the top yesterday and was making great progress. I sprayed the pieces to get rid of the blue marker. When I touched one piece with the iron, brownish marks showed up. The iron was dirty from using interfacing and I didn't see it. I sprayed the pieces to make sure the brownish marks disappeared and cleaned the iron. I left the sewing room muttering in my best logger's language. 

Knitting

I finished knitting the hat for the test pattern last night and saw the pattern has been published. More muttering on my part but I've been doing less testing for this designer due to her wanting us to knit the patterns quickly. I will do the buttons and ribbon on this one and start the next test pattern. I will be using the same yarn but smaller needles. 

Today

I want to start wiping the windows with bleach as there is mold showing up on them. I want to sew on the dress and knit. With the storm coming on, we will be staying at home for the next few days. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment