Thursday, January 06, 2022

A Missing Book Found

 Yesterday's temperature gradually got warmer with a high of 10.5C around midnight. It was a day of sunshine and clouds until it started to rain during the night. The wind came up in the late afternoon. This morning it was 11C and has since cooled down to 8C at 9 a.m. We are to see some flurries this evening ahead of the winter storm coming in tomorrow. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Mrs. William H. Merry, one day last week, spun from 8 o'clock in the morning until 9 in the evening, 16 skeins of 7 knotted yarn, besides doing her housework. Who can beat that? Inglisville Jan 6 1886.

Lifestyle

I was out early to get groceries and both stores had very few people in them. It took me an hour but I won't have to shop for another week. 

Though the temperature was 2C at 10 a.m., we hauled out the ladder and tub and took down the outside Christmas lights. We were just under an hour and are happy to have that job done. 

I took grandson in for his hair cut in the afternoon and talked with the hair dressers. We had a good discussion about the pandemic and the masks I am making. 

There were 842 new cases reported yesterday. School is moving to at-home learning for a week and restrictions are in place until the end of January. Hospitalizations are creeping up (45 with 4 in ICU) and there is some strain on the hospitals with staff off due to Covid (having it or isolating from an exposure). 

Sewing

I got 3 masks made yesterday. One for the Spousal Unit and 2 for son. Only 3 left to make for this round. 

I finished cleaning up the books on the books shelf and they fit on one shelf. 

They will be put onto 2 shelves after I clean the shelving unit. I still have to find other books as I know of 1 upstairs and maybe 1 in the pattern tub. 

While moving the books around and looking at the titles, I found the one and only quilting book I kept. What a surprise to find it as I had thought it was long gone. 

I had made 2 table runners that I loved from this book and want to make them again. There is a bag I want to make and maybe a quilt. I will be putting it in a spot so I can see it. 

I downloaded another test pattern and will start it tomorrow. I will be using leggings for it. It's a cropped hoodie for either the 18" or Gotz dolls. 

Knitting

I worked on the sock last night and am enjoying the knit. The  yarn splits easily but I knew that when I started knitting the socks. 


I love the blue color as it reminds me of summer skies. I am knitting them plain as I haven't knit heavy socks in 5 years. Time to reacquaint myself to the pattern before I do a pattern. 

Today

The stew is on for dinner tonight. I will be heading down to make the last of the masks and then do some decluttering in the sewing room. Tonight I will knit socks. It is a stay at home day unless we sneak out for a drive this afternoon. That is dependent on the weather.

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment