Tuesday, January 25, 2022

A Slow Day

 Yesterday morning there were flurries and then in the afternoon it was cloudy. The high got to -3.3C. This morning it was -8C and there was a skiff of snow. We are to have a high of 3C and periods of snow or rain (or maybe both).

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Winter Cod fishig in the Bras d'Or Lakes has commenced. Jan 25 1882.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I took grandson to school. The roads were snowy and everyone was driving slowly. Once home, I left the car outside so I could kick the snow off underneath later on. 

After breakfast the electrician arrived to replace the bulbs and ballasts in the lights in the garage. I helped him out as his helper didn't show up for work. I washed the light fixture covers and the garage is now well lit. By the time we were done, my feet and legs were really cold and I was tired. We will have the person back to do some other work later on as he made this house generator ready and did a great job. 

I had a nap before lunch and warmed up and then headed out to do some grocery shopping. The roads were bare and wet. The store was busy but everyone was courteous and followed the rules. I was home in good time, got the groceries put away. 

There were 362 new cases of the virus and 5 deaths reported. There are 92 people in the hospital with 14 in ICU. We may not have plateaued as I had hoped. 

Sewing

I got some fabric for doll clothes laundered yesterday and then crashed due to exhaustion. 

Knitting

The sweater is done and ready to sew the sleeve seams and attach the straps to the back. I need to find 7 buttons for it. I will start the hat next.

The other test pattern is on hold as the designer is not feeling well. She has been given medication and I hope she is feeling better in a few days. 

Today

House cleaning went on hold yesterday due to the electrician and I will start again today. I would like to cut out one doll's outfit and see if the sewing machine has a balanced tension when using the straight and zig zag stitches. More knitting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment