Monday, January 17, 2022

UFO and Kits

 Though it was cool, the sun shone and it was calm outside. The high got to -8C. This morning it is -16C and we are under a wind warning. It is suppose to get to 5C today. One extreme to the next. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Complaints have been made that some persons are in the habit of trotting horses over the bridges at South Brookfield and Pleasant River. Jan17, 1888.

Lifestyle

I did the household budget for the end of November and December. We ate well and, after Dec. 20, we went no where. So far January is looking the same. 

While I was muttering at the computer plugging in numbers, our friend's oldest son came over and helped the Spousal Unit shovel out the end of the driveway. There was a lump of snow about 2 feet high and across plus other smaller lumps to be removed. The Spousal Unit then shoveled the bit of snow off the driveway and threw on some salt. 

The drifts are everywhere in everyone's yards and the piles of snow are up to 6 feet deep. In the 4 years we have lived here, yesterday was the first day we saw a mix of salt and sand put on the roads. Usually it is salt. 

Yesterday there were 696 new cases of the virus reported. There are 68 people in the hospital with 10 of them in ICU. 

Sewing

I played with the embroidery software yesterday morning and figured out how to change the order of the stitching. I now have the last row of stitching that hold the backing in place where it is suppose to be. 

When entering the sewing room yesterday, the first job was to look at and make decisions on the Halloween fabric. One piece will become a table cloth and the rest will become reusable bags. I'll find some kids who will want them. I have the fabric to make a wall hanging that I'm still deciding if I want to make or if I will give up on it and use the fabric for doll clothes. 


I did the UFO's and kits yesterday.  I have 4 UFO's that I would like to finish this year. 

Santa wall hanging is ready to be quilted. I found the binding for it. Date I bought this was pre 2010.

I am going to sew red buttons onto the branches and find someone to take it. Or put it into the thrift shop box completed.

Quilt Flimsy (top) was made about 2014 as a mystery quilt with a group of people I knew. We were to use jelly rolls. What I used was not cut correctly and it was enough to make a person stop quilting.

Daughter has claimed this one for their camper. I have the backing, batting, and the fabric for the binding for this one. 

Table Runner was another mystery quilt-a-long with the same group. Why oh why did I choose those colors? 

I have the backing, batting and binding for it. I'll practice quilting on this one and give it away. 

Cardinal wall hanging was done in 2009 and is one I am keeping. I have to buy backing and decide if I want to add a border. I may have to get batting for it.
 


I would love to get all 4 of these completed this year and out of the sewing room. 

There were 3 kits in the sewing room. One has been put aside for a friend to give to a quilting guild.

This was for the family room in Ashcroft when I was going to do Christmas trees in every room. 

The second kit was taken apart and the fabric put on the shelving unit. The pattern was put away as I would like to make it next year.

This last kit has to be made and I will start tracing it once I have the fabric all sorted. 

I found the Steam-A-Seam for it and have enough to probably make 5 of these wall hangings. 

The bottom 3 shelves are now organized and ready for me to start on the garment fabric. 

The cutting table is cleaned off and I wiped it down well. I'm ready for the next step in purging the sewing room. 

I left the sewing room mentally and emotionally drained. I keep thinking of the one kit I'm giving away. Should I keep it but my heart says to give it away. I'll never make it. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater and am going to run out of yarn. The goal was to see if I could find it in Coldbrook today but we are staying home. I have other yarn I can use to start again. 

Today

I am going to finish the budget, pay bills, start cleaning the fridge, and do more in the sewing room. Tonight I will start the sweater over again. I like the pattern and want to knit it for the little girl's dolls. It was a hard decision not to go out today but we don't want to be caught in the high winds and snow that is forecasted to start at noon. 

Until the next time.................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment