Saturday, January 22, 2022

Declutter Challenge Finished

Yesterday was sunny and cold. The high got to -11.4C. It turned cold last night and this morning it was misty and -22C. Today it is suppose to get to -9C. 

Small History Nova Scotia

A most interesting horse race took place on the ice opposite Sydney town between horses owned by Mr K McKenzie of Sydney and Mr Campbell of Coxheath. Mr McKenzie's horse won the race. Jan 22 1884.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I got the bathroom cleaned, floors swept and then I scubbed the bathroom, hall, and dining area's floors on my hand and knees. Once the floors dried, I used a dry swiffer cloth on them to get rid of any remaining cat hair. (Thanks Elliott). It was a big job. I was tired when I was done but I'm pleased with the results. 

The next area is the living room and stairs. I sat and looked at it to get a plan in place. I'm sure it is going to take me 3 days to accomplish what I want to do. The main area of decluttering is my knitting. I'm trying to get it put into one knitting bag. I did declutter the bag, put the items not being used away and have one project in the bag. I need to put the other two into plastic bags and get them in there also.

There were 601 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 94 people in the Covid units with 13 in intensive care. Overall there are 280 people in the hospital with Covid. 

Sewing

Yesterday was the last day of the decluttering challenge. I didn't have any bags or stray containers in the sewing room so I swept the floor. 

I made three more mug rugs yesterday and have a set of 4 done. While the stitching was happening, I hand sewed the back envelopes together. 

When done the project, I put everything away and prepped a bit for the next projects. 

I even put the embroidery unit away and set up the Diamond to make piping. I have one more piece to make this month. 

Now to keep it up though I know I will be doing the challenge in 2023. 

Knitting

I have the body knit, the sleeves added and the first row done. The first rows are the hardest as I have to read the pattern carefully and do it in chunks. Once I get enough stitches decreased for the raglan sleeve shaping, it will become easier though I'm dealing with the pattern at the same time. 

Today

The central vacuum will get a work out today as I am going to vacuum floors and wipe some of them to keep them clean. I want to trace the horse head pattern, and start cutting another piece of fabric for piping. Tonight I will continue knitting. 

Until the next time...................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment