Friday, January 21, 2022

I Was A Grouch

 Yesterday's high of 4.4C was around 9 a.m. yesterday. It cooled off after that and we had snow flurries starting at noon. This morning it was -14C and our high is to get to -11C. It certainly is not going to be a warm day. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

An unusually large number of persons took advantage of the good sleighing. Waverly was one of the principal points of attraction and Thomas Beech the genial proprietor of the Waverly hotel had his hands full. Jan 21 1896.

Lifestyle

I was a bear with a thorn in its backside yesterday. I was exhausted, dealing with depression, and trying to find an electrician when I blew up. Once I settled down, I was grouchy all day. I did find an electrician who said he'd be here on Monday. 

I had a much better sleep last night and feel quite calm this morning. Part of being tired is being up during the night to deal with the Spousal Unit and giving him his puffers. He didn't need a 2nd one last night which allowed me to wake up briefly and go right back to sleep. The other part is my SAD is the worst it has been since we moved here. Less sunny days this winter.

I tidied up the bathroom and washed the floor. I need to wipe down the whole room again and do the floor on my hands and knees. The fluff off the toilet paper is unreal and I'm just moving it around when I wash the floor with a mop. 

Next up was to make sure the kitchen was clean and then I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. I even scrubbed all the grout lines. When done, I cleaned the dining room table and purged the drawers in the server. I'm now ready to scrub the floors. On top of this, I did 2 loads of laundry. 

There were 696 new cases of the virus and 3 deaths reported yesterday. There are 85 people in the hospital with 12 in the ICU. Number of people up in the hospital but down in the ICU. 

Sewing

Yesterday's challenge was fabric. I did mine over the course of the challenge. It was suggested we inventory how much we have on hand but I don't do that. I track mine as I sew or buy it. Works for me as I'm trying to sew down the stash not have an inventory. For others, this works like a charm as they have wonderful systems set up for to inventory what they have. 

I decided to start the next set of mug rugs using the wave quilting design on the main fabric. I got everything cut up including the scraps into leader pieces while the last of daughter's mug rug stitched out. 

I put the stitch out into the machine and got started. As this is a quick stitch with no added design, I basically had to baby sit. The thread changes were fast - 1-5 minutes of stitching time. 

I chose the thread carefully so the fabric did the talking. 

Knitting

I got to row 22 done on the body of the test pattern. The yarn I'm using is acrylic and slippery. But I'm persevering with it. I'll be glad when it is used up. I won't be buying it again.

I have started to get caught up with my knitting journal. I got one more project documented and am ready to do the next one. I need to get pictures printed so I have a visual record also.

Today

This morning it is fold laundry clean the bathroom, dust the dining area and scrub floors. This afternoon I want to finish the 3 remaining mug rugs and do a bit of tidying up in the sewing room. Tonight I need to knit on the test pattern. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment