Wednesday, January 12, 2022

First Christmas Bag Made

 Yesterday was cold with a high of -11.7C. There was sunshine which was nice. This morning it was -18C and it has since warmed up to -8C. It has started to snow a bit. We are suppose to have a high of 0C by tonight. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

A beacon light has been placed on the pier at Belliveau's Cove by the Dominion government. Capt Brannigan has charge of it. Jan. 12 1889.

Lifestyle

The rest of the cupboards and the pantry were cleaned yesterday morning. It was good to have that job done. The appliances need to be done and the floor scrubbed and that area will be done. 

We had a telephone appointment with the doctor and we are both fine. Prescriptions were renewed and paperwork for hematology done. We see the doctor again in early April. 

I am late posting today as I got a urine sample from Elliott (he refuses to do it if he knows I'm stalking him for it). We rushed it up to the vets while it was fresh and then went for a 40 minute drive before the snow comes down heavier. We needed a break from being inside. 

There are 58 people in the hospital with 4 of them in the ICU. One person has died from the virus which is sad. There is a briefing today at 3 p.m.

Sewing

I was tired (lack of sleep) and could not emotionally deal with the doll's pdf patterns. I looked and put them away. It just wasn't doable. I didn't touch the scissors and rotary cutters as I don't have a lot of them and they are where I want them to be. I use most of them and two are kept for sentimental value. 

I did sew and made a Gift Bag. I have also written about it in the Christmas Sewing 2022 page found in the tabs. I followed the pattern exactly using only 1 layer of interfacing in both the body and the lining. 

I put two cans of spray in the bag to hold it up. This bag will have 2 tubs of treats, 4 mug rugs, hot chocolate mix and (hopefully) chocolate spoons in it. 

I found this guide on Pellon interfacing. It is great and now I know I like 905F ShirTailor, SF101 Shape Flex, and EK130 Easy Knit. I have used both Craft Fuse and DecoBond for purses and bags. 

Knitting

I did nothing with my knitting last night. I was exhausted from not sleeping well.  

Today

I was out to shop early this morning and the store was empty. We were also out to the vets and to get the Spousal Unit's blood work form. This afternoon I want to do more cleaning in the sewing room and I may knit tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment