Friday, January 07, 2022

Under A Winter Storm Warning

Yesterday was both sunny and cloudy. The high was 10.9C at midnight. It cooled off during the day and this morning it was -1C. We are under a winter storm warning with heavy snow starting around noon. The high will get to about 0C. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Duncan McFarlane has set his Grist mill in order once more. As wheat, oats, and barley are rather plentiful in the county, we hop our friend will get a good share of patronage. South West Margaree Jan 7, 1897.

Lifestyle

The stew I made was delicious and there is enough for tonight. That allows me to have more time to do things in the house. With the snow coming, I have to be prepared to stop what I am doing and help with shoveling the snow.

With masks done, I am back to cleaning upstairs once again. One of the goals is to do a small purge as I clean. The Spousal Unit gets confused if we have too much lying around in the house. Less will be best for both of us. 

There were 745 new cases (probably more than that) reported yesterday. Hospitalizations are creeping up as it is across Canada. Daughter-in-law let us know that one of the hardware stores was an exposure site with an employee going to work sick. 

Sewing

The masks are done to elastic. I will do that today. 

These masks fit  us really well and they will give us the best protection possible. 

I have printed out a test pattern and will be making the Gotz doll size for the designer as everyone else is making the 18" doll size.

I cleaned the book case and put the books back where I wanted them to be. I have two shelves for books but they must only fit onto one shelf when I do a purge. 

The top shelf is for some of my mementos. As I have the space, I allow it. I also have 2 other spaces for mementos in the room.

I also purged patterns yesterday. There were a few patterns removed from both tubs. Some to go to the thrift shop, some into recycling. 

The doll clothes were done in December and I have a few patterns to put into page protectors. I want all the patterns on one shelf of the shelving unit. 

Knitting

I finished the leg and have started the heel flap on the sock. Knitting heavy socks is fast.

Today

I am going to take care of folding the laundry and cleaning the bathroom. This afternoon, I want to start the test pattern and work on the closet. I also have to help shovel snow if needed. Tonight I will knit on the socks. 

Until the next time..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment