Thursday, January 13, 2022

Quilting Cottons Sorted

 Yesterday was warmer with a high 0.9C. We had snow flurries and wind but it wasn't unbearable. This morning it was -1C at 6 a.m. with no wind. We may see sunshine today but there is to be no precipitation. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

For some time past a band of small boys have assembled in a shanty, built by themselves, for the purpose of cursing, swearing, smoking and playing cards. They have given their rendezvous the name of Royal Hotel. Lunenburg Jan 13 1892.

Lifestyle

I did no housework yesterday. It was time to get out and do a few things and have a nice drive. It did both of us good. 

We got the results of Elliott's urine sample. No infection or crystals so the diet is working for him. We did buy him some more pate to go with the dry food. 

I finally had a decent night's sleep last night. It was nice to wake up feeling more refreshed than the past several morning. Hopefully I will get several more good night's sleep. 

We listened to the briefing on the virus yesterday and hospitalizations are up by 2 to 60. The number of people in ICU is up by 1 to 5. There were 837 confirmed cases of the virus reported yesterday. There will be more than that as rapid tests are not included in the count. 

Sewing

I dealt with the doll's pdf patterns. 65-70% were put into recycle and the rest are in the tub I have for the doll patterns. I want to keep it to the one tub. The pdf patterns are stored on a tetra drive and easy for me to access and print if necessary.

The next job of the day was to put all of the Christmas cottons on the floor and sort through them. Some of the fabrics are orphans but with a fat quarter or two will make gift bags. Other pieces have a project attached to them. When I stacked them up, I realized I have sewn 50+% of the Christmas fabric I brought to this house. 

Next up I put all of the quilting cotton on the floor. I sorted through them, put some into a pile to donate, some useless scraps into the garbage bag and then piled the fabric according to use (piping, bags, quilts, and unknown). 

I put all the fabric in an organized fashion onto one shelf and there was space left over. I moved them around so they weren't crammed and am pleased with the results. I can see the fabric for when I am making projects.

A quick tally shows I have sewn 200 meters of stash since Jan. 2019 and sewn about 75 meters of fabric I have purchased in that time. When I look at the fabric on the shelves, I see about 8-10 meters of fabric I have purchased in the past year. The rest is stash. The tall pile on the left hand side is fabric daughter sent me to make her piping. I will be working on that this year also. 

Knitting

Grandson's sock is set up for redoing the foot and several rows knit. I used the new needles daughter sent me and they are lovely to knit with. 

Today

The goal is to start cleaning the appliances this morning. In the afternoon, I want to sort the interfacing as it is a total mess and start mug rugs to send to daughter. I may cut out some piping for her also and start the next gift bag. Tonight I need to start the test pattern for a designer. 

Until the next time..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment