Sunday, January 16, 2022

What A Storm

 We had quite the storm. It made the one last weekend look like a beginner. On Friday it started to rain around noon and it was pouring rain when we left to stay with our son and family. By 8 pm, the snow started and the wind came up. We had a full blown storm all night. The snow stopped but the wind kept blowing. There were drifts everywhere and roads were closed. The power didn't go off which was nice. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

Two huntsmen went to Musquash Lake in pursuit of rabbits but the cunning little creatures changed winter quarters. They were agreeable surprised to find the locality inhabited by enormous animals which live by feeding off the tops of trees. Port Saxon Jan. 16 1891.

Lifestyle

It was quite the 24 hours of the before and after the storm. The last time it was this bad was the winter of 2016/17. 

We know the snow drifts here but when it drifts this deep, it is a bad storm. Son was out to snow blow for 3.5 hours and daughter-in-law and grandson that length of time also. When they moved the car, they had to push it out as the snow had drifted underneath it. 

We weren't allowed out to help. Once their yard was almost done, daughter-in-law and grandson went over to shovel out our yard. 

The main area of concern was the road end of the driveway. 

The county filled all the driveways when they plowed the road. Friends came over to help and they did our driveway and our friends. We are so grateful for family and friends who help us during these storms. 

We got home at about 5:30 pm to a warm house and was to bed early as we slept poorly due to the wind. 

Elliott enjoyed his stay at our son's. He was happy to have "his family around him". He slept on the couch wrapped up in an afghan. 

He is a crazy cat.

The number of new cases of the virus was 627. There are 59 people in the hospital with 10 in the ICU. ICU numbers are creeping up. 

Sewing

The interfacing and batting got cleaned up on Friday. I purged some of the interfacing that I will never use, organized what was left. I found the pattern tracing pellon and have lots for doll clothes. The rest of the interfacing was organized and folded. The batting was folded and all but two baskets put on the bottom shelf of the shelving unit. 

The two baskets on the floor will go onto the shelf once I deal with the Halloween fabric. 

I started the second mug rug after playing with the software. I didn't have to baby sit as much as the first one. 

While it was stitching, I put the elastics onto 3 masks. One left to go when I find the elastic. 

Knitting

I have both the sleeves knit on the test pattern. The ribbing is done on the body part and I'm ready to start the pattern. 

Today

I plan on doing the budget this morning while the Spousal Unit does a bit of work on the driveway. This afternoon, I am going to look at all the UFO's and decide which I will keep and which ones I will toss. Most of the colors are wrong so you can guess what I'm thinking. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment