Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Second Gift Bag Completed

 Yesterday started off cool and sunny and as it warmed up, it got cloudy. Actually quite gray by the end of the day. The high got to 3.9C sometime near midnight. This morning it was 5C and we are to have rain or snow. It is going to be cold again tonight. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

A few evenings ago a number of the youth and beauty of the community assembled at Vincent's and spent a very pleasant evening tripping the light fantastic. Big Pond Jan 20 1897. 

Lifestyle

I was out early and got groceries and was home 45 minutes later. I do enjoy shopping at 7 a.m. as the store is clean, quiet, and quite well stocked. 

We were out again mid morning for hair cuts and got home before lunch. The Spousal Unit walked up and down the driveway a couple of times in the sunshine and did enjoy it. 

There were 527 new cases of the virus and 3 deaths reported yesterday. There are 83 people in the hospital with the virus with 12 in intensive care. The actual number of people in the hospital with Covid is 256 as people have tested positive upon arrival at the hospital for other medical reasons or contracted Covid in the hospital.

We continue to slow down only doing grocery shopping. It is taking its toll on us and we hope to get out for a drive in the next couple of days. 

Sewing

Yesterday's decluttering challenge was fabric scraps. That was dealt with the other day though I do try and keep up with it on a regular basis. 

I decided to finish the 2nd gift bag from the blue fabric and got it done. 

It looks a bit deflated as there is nothing in it. I may put in a longer ribbon and then fold it up in the tub. I cut the ribbon 30" long but it needs to be 36".

There is a bit of fabric left over of both the print and the red. I will use them on mug rugs either as side pieces or a set as a gift for a friend. I can tuck them into the bag with a couple of mugs and a container of tea. 

Knitting

I worked on the 2nd sleeve and got it done. The body has been cast on and 5 rows of ribbing done. Still 5 to go before I start the pattern. It is coming along. 

I still need to download the next pattern and start on it. 

Today

I am going to scrub the kitchen floor and clean off the dining table. I would like to start purging the server but we will see if I have time to do it today or if I start it another day. I want to embroider the last mug rug for daughter and cut the scraps from the bag into mug rugs. Tonight I will knit. It is definitely a stay at home day today.

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment