Thursday, January 27, 2022

A Test Pattern Started

 Yesterday started out sunny and we enjoyed it. After lunch, snow flurries started and it started to get colder. By evening, the snow flurries stopped and it was cold. The high got to -4.1C and the coldest temp was near midnight at -18C. This morning it was -19C and we are to have a high of -11C. The sun is suppose to shine though. 

Small History Nova Scotia

The past week has been very stormy. The heavy fall of snow today is very gratifying to the lumbermen. Tidnish Jan 26 1896.

Lifestyle

On Tuesday I cleaned our bedroom and it was very dusty. It seems as if I should be doing a deep cleaning 4 times a year rather than twice. It is, once again very clean. 

Yesterday I boxed up the Juki sewing machine and entertained the Spousal Unit. Try to put everything back into a box with one piece of styrofoam in wrong. Finally got it right and we were out the door to get it to the shipping company so it can get to Winnipeg to be fixed. This morning (12:30 a.m.) it was in Moncton New Brunswick. 

Daughter-in-law texted to let me know there was a covid case in grandson's class on Monday. We can't see them until they are sure they not infected. Fingers crossed they don't get it. 

There was a briefing yesterday and it is felt we have plateaued in this wave. Hospitalizations will rise for a bit. There have been 30 deaths so far this month and that is sad. They talked of loosening restrictions but not until sometime in February. The vaccination/boosters shots has been amazing with over 250 000 shots in arms so far this month. 

Sewing

I spent time sewing up samples to send with the machine. It seems to be a top tension issue. I set up the Diamond on the sewing cabinet and will be sewing with it. 

I cut out the back bodice pieces for the 1870's bustle dress. I am reading the instructions carefully and am now ready to sew the lining pieces to the main fabric.

The pleats go from the neck to the waist on the back and the from the waist down a bit on the lining. All will be held in place with buttons. I'm not doing a lot of trim on this outfit as I want to keep it quite simple. I will hand sew trim on when I want it.

You can see it here - the top flounce as I will call it.

Thimbles and Acorns 

I also watched some videos on quilt as you go and I am going to have to try this method out. I may end up doing Elliott's quilt using this method. 

Knitting

I cast on the hat to go with the sweater, knit about 12 rows and have to take out 5 rows as I forgot to do the row that has the holes in it for the ribbon. I have a few rows left to unknit and then I can move forward. 

Today

I have some housework to do and then we want to get out of the house for a bit. Then it is to sew on the test pattern and knit tonight. 

Until the next time.......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment