Monday, January 24, 2022

Free Motion Tension Issues

Though not sunny, the high got to -0.2C. There was some snow and this morning it was -6C and about 1.5" of snow on the driveway. It is suppose to get to -2C today. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The snow is being taken advantage of, and the merry jingle of bells is heard everywhere in the frosty air. Mill Village Jan 24 1894.

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I washed all the floors but the two bedrooms. I also did the stairs and the front landing. I also dusted furniture in the living room. It was a big job but it is looking amazing. 

When done the house cleaning, I spent time working on the puzzle. I got the people done and some of the larger pieces connected together. The hard part is to come - the rocks and water. 

There were 503 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 85 people in the hospital with 11 of them in ICU. Has the number of cases started to plateau here? I don't know but I'm hoping it has. 

Sewing

The first page of tracing is done and I'm labeling each piece with two numbers. One is the fabric number and one is the placement number/order.

I played around with free motion quilting and I'm still having issues with the tension. I get eyelashes at the curves and the bottom thread shows which is somewhat normal when you use a light thread in the bobbin and a dark for the top. I did watch a YouTube video on road mapping by Helen Godden which had nothing to do with tension. I'm back to testing the machine using a regular foot and the zig zag stitch to see if it is the machine or me. I have a feeling it is me. I need to play around and get the tension correct for the fabric and batting. 

Knitting

The sweater is done to just the straps (20-22 rows each) and then I can start the next test pattern. I have to say this top is cute and will be appreciated by the little girl for her dolls. 

Today

 We are suppose to have an electrician come in to replace the bulbs in the garage lights. I hope to start cleaning our bedroom and do some laundry. This afternoon I will cut out a doll's outfit to sew and work on the free motion tension issues. Tonight is knitting. 

Until the next time.................................................. 

No comments:

Post a Comment