Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Masks Delivered

Yesterday was cold with a high of -4C. The sun did shine which was nice. At 8 p.m. it was -8C and this morning it is -2C. There is wind in the forecast and rain. High today is suppose to be 6C. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The lobster season is now in full swing and the large shipments are commencing. Tonight the SS Boston will take about 700 crates for Boston and New York. Every steamer arriving today brought a load. Yarmouth Jan 5, 1897. (Yes it is lobster season and lobsters are flown out daily to places around the world).

Lifestyle

I had blood work yesterday morning. I had an anxiety attack which caused my IBS to flare up. I shouldn't have worried about going to the hospital as it was very safe and everyone was wonderful and caring. It isn't giving the blood that exhausts me, it is the anxiety around the virus that does it. 

We were out to Wolfville in the afternoon and delivered the masks to our friends. We didn't stay as they were working and we are not doing much visiting these days. The drive was nice as the sun was shining. 

We delivered the masks to our grandson but didn't stay. They are still fighting with the cold they caught. They are testing periodically for covid and all are negative. Our problem is - we don't want the cold. 

There were 1020 new cases of the virus reported yesterday. Hospitalizations are slowly creeping up and there is a briefing today. 

Sewing

I looked at the magazines I have in the sewing room and have 3. 

I started to sort the books and have 4-5 in a box ready to go to the used books store. I went through 2 binders and tossed items I didn't want. Next I have to find a couple of pattern books to go on one shelf and then put some knitting items on another. 

I was over to see our neighbor about the circular masks and have traced out the X-Large size correctly. I'm ready to begin the last 6 masks. 

Knitting

I got up yarn and started heavy socks. I have the ribbing done on the first sock and am ready to start the leg. I enjoyed getting back to knitting. 

Today

Outside lights come down this morning and then it is sewing on masks this afternoon. Tonight it is knitting. Maybe I'll remember to take pictures.

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment