Monday, January 03, 2022

Ready To Sew The Masks

 Yesterday was grey and as the day progressed, it got cooler. The high in the morning was 6.3C and this morning it is -6C. We had a skiff of snow during the night. It is to be cold for today and tomorrow and then warm up and rain. 

Small History Nova Scotia by Sara Spike

The skating rink at Glace Bay opened today for the first time this year. A large number of skaters were present and enjoyed the pleasure of gliding over a perfect sheet of ice and listening to a splendid programme of music which was rendered by the Syndicate Band -  Jan 3, 1901.

Lifestyle

Though we were tired from the lack of sleep, we did keep it together. We had a few good laughs, a few serious discussion, and a nap.

I got most of the Christmas items put away. I have to iron two of the quilted toppers and put away the nativity scene. I hate to see it all go away as I love Christmas. The outside lights will be taken down on a warmer sunny day. 

I spent some time getting an appointment for blood work. It started out for Jan. 13, then Jan. 11 and finally tomorrow. Appointments kept popping up during the day. 

There were record number of new cases recorded for Jan 1st and 2nd. Jan. 1 was 709 cases and Jan. 2 was 1184 cases. Most of the cases are in the heavily populated area of the central health zone. 

Sewing

I got 5 masks cut out (15 pieces) for grandson's masks. I need to go back and cut 3/8" of each side piece of the inner layer so the black will fold in easier. 

I have each mask pinned together so I can assembly line sew them. Take apart, sew the darts, pin back together and onto the next one. Then pin together and sew into mask, turn edges in, add elastic and top stitch. 

I also traced a circle for son's mask. I will make one for him and see how it fits. The fabric for a friend's mask is laundered and I hope to cut it out also. 

Day 2 of decluttering the sewing room was quite uneventful. Take out the "squatters" that don't belong in the room. I have a sewing machine box to remove and put under the stairs. The other job was change the needle and clean the sewing machine. I will change the needle today and the machine is clean. I checked the garbage and recycling and both can be emptied on Wednesday. Hopefully I will have most of the masks cut out by then. 

Knitting

Nothing - not even thinking about it for a day or two. 

Today

I am heading to the sewing room shortly to sew masks. I want the 5 for grandson finished. I want to make one for our friend if I have time. I also want to finish up putting away the Christmas decorations. An hour will have it done. I am getting interested in knitting again so will look at patterns. 

Until the next time.........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment