Sunday, September 01, 2019

Landscaping the Shed - Done

Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 24C. There was a lovely wind that drove the humidity down to 43%. This morning it is a cool 11C with clear skies. Another lovely day for us. 
I just looked at the record high temperatures for here. In 2010, they had a stretch of hot weather with temperatures in the low 30C range. 

Lifestyle

As it was sunny and somewhat cool, we headed out to work on the shed's landscaping. We took a break at 11 a.m. and when noon came, we were one brick short of our original plan. I had forgot about needing 3 bricks at the back of the shed so my guess of 48 bricks was exact for the plan. After a quick lunch, we headed to the building supply store and found, much to our delight, 31 more bricks. We bought them all as we will need them later on. We wanted a couple of bags of rock to fill in some spots. No rock until Tuesday or Wednesday. We finished up the shed, put back the pots and admired our job. 
There are 6 solar lights and some larger blue pots to go into this area. I will also put a shepard's hook pot hanger in each of the pots by the door for hanging baskets. 
That job is now off the "do do list" and next up is the dreaded hedge. It needs the weeding and trimming finished. 
Later in the afternoon, the neighbor took the Spousal Unit to get 2 more raised garden beds. They are 3x5 feet in size and were on clearance for $60.00 each (regular $225.00). The neighbor got one for their yard. The Spousal Unit is happy to have all the vegetable beds he had hoped to put in the back yard. 

Health

Though I am stiff and sore from all the crawling around and packing items, my sciatic issue is pretty much gone. What I'm suffering from is being in poor shape. My IBS symptoms have calmed down and I now am going to focus on loosing the weight I gained while being in pain. 

Sewing

Yesterday, I cut the binding for the make up case and it is laid out ready to sew together. I also finished hemming grandson's school pants. 
I have one more project to sew for the fall fair -- a mug rug. Once it's done, I will clean the sewing room and get back to making bags and planning my doll sewing projects. I'm really thinking about which way I want to take my doll sewing. 
August Sewing Total
Sewn - 7.45 meters
Cut-      4.30 meters
Total-  11.75 meters
Year Total (including the cut fabric) 52.45 meters
I'm pleased with what I have sewn from the stash this year. 

Knitting

I knit about 5 rows on the hat last night. The pattern is established and I seem to have no issues with it. I have also memorized it and the pattern flows well now. I have about 1.5" knit and need 4.5" more before I can start decreasing. A few more nights of knitting on this hat. 

Today

No outside work today. It is a rest day from that. Instead, I will be working indoors, shopping, making dinner for us and family. Sewing and knitting will be a bonus. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment