Monday, September 23, 2019

Last Day of the Fair and No Pictures

Yesterday was a lovely warm day with a high of 25C. The temperature this morning is 19C. We have a storm coming as today will be another warm one with a high of 26C and a humidex of 31C. We are suppose to get showers starting tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was spent at the fair. We had a long day but weren't quite as tired as on Friday. We spent quite a bit of time in the arena where it was cool.
The first classes weren't to our taste so we didn't pay much attention to them. We enjoyed the poles which were younger people learning the sport and we cheered them on. 
The same competitors teamed up with a dog and trainer. When the the competitor completed the poles, the dog did an agility course using their equipment. We enjoyed that a lot and I tried to get videos. My phone was full and I had to spend time deleting pictures and apps. It was frustrating. 
Next up was the heavy horse pulls. We were impressed with how much these horses can pull and the winning team pulled over a ton. The owners do no push them beyond what they can do. We missed the oxen pulls which were up next. It was time to head back to the buildings to pick up our items. 
The Spousal Unit talked to a person about the apple industry while I collected my entries. I was asked to compete next year and I said I would. We donated our winnings back to the fair towards prizes next year. 
In all, it was a great two weekends and we will be back at it next year. 

Health

It's back on the eating properly wagon. We have eaten well sometimes and horribly others. I did stay away from onions but have an inkling I'm sensitive to some high fat dairy products. It's time to track what I eat and get back to eating healthy all the time.

Sewing

When talking to the ladies at the fair, they were very encouraging that I enter lots of sewing to help keep the entries from being removed. I have my list and will be working on it over the next 11 months. The goal is to sew as much from the stash as possible. 
One of my goals is to enjoy the process when sewing and to think about how I can make each project the best I can from design to completion. What designer features can I use, what couture sewing techniques can be incorporated and how can it be adapted to be better. I'm thinking of this being a journey rather than a race. 

Knitting

I worked on the scarf last night and it is now in the round. 
I have about 4" left to knit before I do the 8 rows of garter stitch border. I'm loving this scarf/cowl. 
I find this pattern relaxing to knit and watching it take shape is exciting. I can see another one or two being made this winter. 

Today

I'm planning on making more tomato sauce while cleaning one half of the kitchen. I hope to work on the doll's drawers this afternoon and get Take 2 started. Tonight will be knitting on the scarf.
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment